Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

CX20 to Phantom.

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Steven Thomas, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Steven Thomas

Brand new here....I currently have two cx20, both are APM 3.2.1 and with Ublox m8n....One has modified parameters, the other is stalk. One flies well, the other like a Ferrari...and that I have trouble with! I'd like to purchase a Phantom at some point in the future...The CX20 has been a good experience and I'd like to venture ahead. Where should I start when considering a Phantom?

2. 250Flyer

You cant compare a cx20 to a phantom. I've owned both and currently own the p3 standard. I never liked the cx 20 mine never worked right, it was not very stable at all.

3. Steven Thomas

Yes...I want to advance beyond cx20...can you help?

4. TLeTourneau

It all depends on your needs and budget. The general options for new quads go from the Phantom 3 Standard up to the Inspire and Matrix lines, used FC40's P1's and P2's are also available. I'm afraid we would need to know a little more about what you want to do with it before anyone could recommend a specific DJI product.

#4 TLeTourneau, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Steven Thomas likes this.
  5. 250Flyer

I recommend getting the xk detect x380 it's on par with my p3 standard for gps flight stability and hold. Build quality is great too.

I love my x380

6. 250Flyer

Look on YouTube for the x380. It's a great GPS quad

7. Steven Thomas

@250Flyer. I did look into the x380, I watched also Quadcopter 101, he always has an informative view. I'm somewhat impressed. I like the 1000 meter range and the 30 minute flight time for sure. As a newbie since last fall, I have learned more. Before I attach a good gimble and a decent camera, I want to have a reliable quad that performs and responds to command. The CX20 has been a learning curve. I have discovered there is a devoted support group dedicated for it, Mission Planner, advanced parameters, propeller upgrades, firmware upgrades, and hardware upgrades including mag and gps. I've got both CX20 to perform quite well as a result. I understand the Phantom's are the best..P2 and 3 are offered on Ebay in a variety of prices and condition as used. Everyone says to buy a Phantom...and so that is why I'm here asking questions from the people who know best. I'm here for the best advise possible...Steve