Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

Got it. Easy install. First flight. Beautiful results with one filter. Grainy with two... THOUGH, this was because it wasn't bright enough today to support two and it pushed my ISO to 800. Excited to experiment with these. Thanks John.

I'm really impressed !! This morning I found 30min with no rain and I've done a 4K video, definitely awesome smooth motion, no jello and very very good result. I'm preparing and will post later.
ND filters is a must have for daylight videomaking!!

Do you still have anymore of these for sale?

Ladies and gentlemen, please place your orders through the classifieds or PM. If you order here, this thread will need to be moved to the classifieds and I'd rather not do that.

Thanks Dataway. Received my 2 sets of filters to Norway - perfect delivery! And thanks for the anti-static paper "circles".
Probably obvious, but worth stating the importance of a good inspection for dust on the inside of DJI glass and on both sides of Dataway's wratten ND gel before inserting. Took a couple of goes from me to ensure no dust on any sides. Useful also to pack a blower, lens brush, microfibre cloth and wooden or plastic toothpicks (don't use metal) in case you need to pick out the gel by the edges or relocate the O-ring. Took me a little while to get it right, so very useful to assess light conditions for whether you need the ND filter in before you head out to fly.

Reactions: Dapering
@joelireland - I used your tip in the field yesterday about the toothpick and that worked brilliantly to release the surface tension of the filter to the glass then I was able to just turn over the UV housing and the filter dropped right into my lens cloth.

I tried to search for this question.. I am new to photography, mainly for fun. Are these filters staying on your cameras for a majority of the time you use and store it, or are they constantly having to be switched throughout the day/week? I primarily shoot during the day, some before sunset.. I am paranoid about opening the lens cover constantly (especially in the field) and also using the wrong type of filter for the light and ruining the video. Can any of these can be put on and used 99% of the time - basically I'm looking to put something on and rarely change it - if ever - and avoid messing with the lens cap? I usually use mine to shoot pictures and videos of mountain landscapes, chasing boats, golf courses, and industrial factories/sites.

YoloevonALLin - Using a ND filter in Videography really depends on your lighting conditions but I have been finding when shooting during the day in my area 2 filters is what I have been leaving in my P3. It really is not too difficult to remove the UV Lens cover and add/remove a filter once you do it a few times.

YoloevonALLin - Using a ND filter in Videography really depends on your lighting conditions but I have been finding when shooting during the day in my area 2 filters is what I have been leaving in my P3. It really is not too difficult to remove the UV Lens cover and add/remove a filter once you do it a few times.

Thank you so much for the help. Which two filters do you leave in it? I assume the stock uv filter comes out also when using these?

Thank you so much for the help. Which two filters do you leave in it? I assume the stock uv filter comes out also when using these?
The stock UV filter is part of the Glass lens protector that stays on and can not be removed and my filters just lay on the back side of that then you screw it back on. I leave 2 of my 3 stop filters in place most of the time when flying in bright daylight.

The stock UV filter is part of the Glass lens protector that stays on and can not be removed and my filters just lay on the back side of that then you screw it back on. I leave 2 of my 3 stop filters in place most of the time when flying in bright daylight.

Thanks!

I wanted to update this thread to let you all know I am researching a Polarizing Tiffen GEL and also a Color Intensifying GEL also made by Tiffen at the moment the GEL substrate is pretty expensive but my supplier agreed to send me a small sample, enough to make one filter of each. I will report my findings once I receive the new GEL's..

Looks good...Here's a pic after I put one of the filters on.
Park.jpg

Dataway...

Started a conversation re: how to order filters.

:harry

Hi Harry,

Yes for some reason I can't reply to you through that conversation, possibly because you may not have enough posts on the board .. I started a conversation with you...Please have a look...

In my book, results speak for themselves and until I can use and test something myself, a review can only go so far. Color me impressed. Over the weekend I got to use the ND filter set for the purposes of video but the photographs were equally improved. Here are some of the shots I got over last weekend. If I had more free time I would push the photo more with retouching. 7-shot panorama:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 369

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3