Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

Anybody know what causes this flicker?

I had something similar however it was a bit more random and not a regular flicker. mine seemed to go after I updated to 1.1.9 and I also moved away from Auto settings.
What settings are you using? apart from the flicker the picture looks great.

I had something similar however it was a bit more random and not a regular flicker. mine seemed to go after I updated to 1.1.9 and I also moved away from Auto settings.
What settings are you using? apart from the flicker the picture looks great.

ISO 100, 1/60 shutter and 4k 30fps

Prostreetcamaro - can you try shutting off your Auto White Balance and setting it to a set value like sunny or I set mine to manual and I usually use around 6000K or in that area and then give it a go see if that fixes the flicker.

Wow You mailed Saturday received today Monday! I looked thru one and already see how it will work, just what the doctor ordered.
Just out of work going to make the honey dinner and try a flight before the sun goes down, wispy clouds in the area and no wind.

I received mine today as well. From CA to WV in three days, impressive!

Of course it's overcast today, but as soon as I am able to test I will report back.

Thanks!

Just checked the mail and mine were in the box. I'm scared to take them out of the sleeve until I can glove up in my modified clean room :). The sun is supposed to be out here for the next few days so I'll post some footage when I have some. Thanks again!

Thanks for the update gfredrone, but with the wratten and tiffen gel you don't have to be to careful I have been testing their durability and I have wiped and finger printed let them rub together used windex and screen cleaner on them with no issues. Just use a soft cloth

Last edited:
Got mine today too. Ty. Much cleaner cut than the gels I hacked up. :D

Got mine today in TN as well. The sun just came back out today after a week of rain. Looking forward to trying them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update gfredrone, but with the wratten and tiffen gel you don't have to be to careful I have been testing their durability and I have wiped and finger printed let them rub together used windex and screen cleaner on them with no issues. Just use a soft cloth

That's great to know and thanks for doing some durability testing for the rest of us. Can't wait to get these fitted and start capturing those money shots!

Got mine today in TN as well. The sun just came back out today after a week of rain. Looking forward to trying them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey, that's where I am! :p
Haven't been home yet to check my mail. Maybe my filters have arrived as well

Also received mine, thanks! I threw both of them in and went flying. On auto the shutter speed is 1/25 is that okay or too slow? I'm brand new at video!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I was having stuttering problems on my videos. Put this filter on and the videos are smooth as silk now. Don't know why, but they are great. And they protect the lens.

Im still trying to figure out settings and how many filters I need to use, this was some test footage of todays flight. nothing big just a coule of clips. It was about 11:30am. I just used one filter.1080 60, log mode, post edit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor