Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

dataway, I tried to figure out how to PM an order on Sunday, but failed. If you are planning on an additional run, please PM me at Auriga_5 at Hotmail.

delirious I found that it does not take much force to unscrew the lens cover but if it is slipping I have heard others using a wide rubber band to get a grip on it and turn it lightly trying not to pinch it too much...
Tried this after I located a thick rubber band at work. Worked like a charm. I evidently was slipping and grabbing and it probably put the threads in a bind. I tell myself all the time, If it doesn't go easy, don't force it. Glad I waited. The rubber band worked and it came off easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshWMS
Second round of filters went out today both domestic and international orders....those that bought Lens covers for your cameras I sent you your tracking info.... Thank you..

Reactions: davemex
I missed out on the second run, been busy. Are you planning a 3rd run? Is so, +1 for demand here.

@jlo - thanks i would not be able to offer it at this price if it were not for my really good friend who is providing his cost discount with the supplier that is why I am kind of on the bottom of the list for the back orders but hopefully once he fulfills his orders he will have more left over, that said I will post here If I can get my hands on another sheet.....Thank you to all that ordered your Gels the domestic parcels should be arriving within the next couple of days...

@jlo - thanks i would not be able to offer it at this price if it were not for my really good friend who is providing his cost discount with the supplier that is why I am kind of on the bottom of the list for the back orders but hopefully once he fulfills his orders he will have more left over, that said I will post here If I can get my hands on another sheet.....Thank you to all that ordered your Gels the domestic parcels should be arriving within the next couple of days...

It's people like you that make communities like this great. You're not looking to cash in but, to help fellow hobbyists get the best out of their equipment. Hats of to you sir.

Reactions: Seadog and Coldfire
Hi Dataway,please let me know when your next doing these as I would be interested in getting some sent out. Many thanks.

Sent pm thank you sir

Would a CP gel work in this application? How would one line it up correctly placing it in the threaded cover?

Second round of filters went out today both domestic and international orders....those that bought Lens covers for your cameras I sent you your tracking info.... Thank you..

I've tried to PM you several times. The closest thing I can find in this board is the "start a conversation". I'm looking for 2 sets and happy to pay quickly using Paypal or preferrably Google Wallet.

@gfredrone - I attempted to use a circular polarizing gel and could not get it to line up successfully that would require a CP holder as you do not want to handle the GEL too much especially when you drop it into the Phantom 3 lens cover...

That said there are other Gels out there and Tifffen Gel is also an option but is actually more expensive than that of the Wratten Gel. The supplier mentioned that he has an opportunity to get remnants of Tiffen gel which are pieces left after custom cuts are made for specific movie industry cameras which would put the price in line with what I am getting the Wratten gel for so he is looking into this for me as an option and is sending me a small sample square for testing. I will keep this thread updated on my findings...

I am trying my best to work all angles for us all to benefit....

Awesome news on the Tiffen Gel and thanks for the update. Also, thank you for continuing to pursue this for everyone. I really appreciate your light weight, economical solution.

@gfredrone - I attempted to use a circular polarizing gel and could not get it to line up successfully that would require a CP holder as you do not want to handle the GEL too much especially when you drop it into the Phantom 3 lens cover...

That said there are other Gels out there and Tifffen Gel is also an option but is actually more expensive than that of the Wratten Gel. The supplier mentioned that he has an opportunity to get remnants of Tiffen gel which are pieces left after custom cuts are made for specific movie industry cameras which would put the price in line with what I am getting the Wratten gel for so he is looking into this for me as an option and is sending me a small sample square for testing. I will keep this thread updated on my findings...

I am trying my best to work all angles for us all to benefit....
Thanks for the effort.
How to order? Sign me up for some filters and anyother thing you are producing (protection caps?)
dapering (at) gmail.com

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT