CSX Trains From Above

NIce....I thought you were going to land on the top of one of the cars there for a minute....nice flying!

None of these shots were slowed down. I just try to fly slow and steady. If I do slow shots down it would be no more than 20%.

I see. The reason I ask, is because the train seems to be moving much slower in some shots.
You have great yaw control, I dont. Slowing shots down may be a good way for me to deal with some of the footage I think is too jerky. Just thinking out loud - I'm new to all this (quads and video editing).

Very well done. I wish you would start a how to thread for us newbie's. Maybe share some of your techniques and go pro settings.

Steve

I don't know how qualified I am to be giving advice but here are some of my thoughts on using your Phantom. If you watch any movie or TV show the camera is always moving. We have very short attention spans. We need to see things in constant motion. The tool of choice in film work is the slider. The camera attaches to it and slides the camera forward or backward or left to right. I consider my Phantom to be a slider that has the ability to fly. If you want to make a movie that people will want to watch I see it in my mind before I even start to record. My rules are this. Keep it under 5 mins. and no clip should last more than 20 secs. and the camera should always keep in motion even if it is very slow. Your yaw and pan moves need to be smooth or you will have to throw them on the cutting room floor. Nothing ruins a shot like the quick yaw move. It takes practice and I have messed up a great many good shots. My Go pro settings are changing all the time. I like 2.7k at 24fps and convert to 720p for editing. Why not 1080? Most people watch these things we shoot on their phones,iPads and laptops.720p looks fine and things work faster. I hate that youtube stutter. Again these are my thoughts and others have better ideas that we all can learn from. Most of all have fun flying and do it safe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing