Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

CSC/Stopping/Starting motors.

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by phantomguy, May 2, 2014.

1. phantomguy

The Manual for the P2V+ states there is only one method for a CSC: both sticks simultaneously fully down and fully inwards. This link (admittedly it's not for the P2V+ but for the Phantom 1) states there are multiple methods:

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=454

For a P2V+ in Naza mode, how many methods are there to initiate a CSC?

2. Pull_Up

I don't know, suck it and see? As you say on other Phantoms and on the standalone Naza it's various combinations that can be used. Must admit I've never tried anything other than the "default" both down and in on mine, though - and I hold throttle closed to stop, never CSC then. Seems like a safe experiment to try and fire the motors up with a variety of them, though, for anyone with dry conditions outside at the moment - that does not include me. :(

3. phantomguy

I ask because I had an unintended power-off incident yesterday, but I am 100% positive I didnt put the sticks in the CSC position shown in the Phantom Manual. But I'm in NAZA mode. I suspect in Naza mode on the P2V+ there are multiple ways to trigger the CSC. Hence pilot error...

4. Pull_Up

Yep. Just try it on the ground with motors off. If you can't start the motors with, say, both sticks down and left, then you can eliminate that combination from stopping them as well. As I say, bit on the damp side for me to try it for you here...

5. DHut_PV+

I tried it yesterday after switching to Naza, second flight ever for me and it was fun. A bit of panic where I think I sent it off into the houses and dropped the switch to go to failsafe mode and it came back thankfully.

But after reading these threads I intentionally landed it and held the left stick down and it did indeed shut down the motors.

6. phantomguy

congrats on the good flights. Yes, the left stick down method will stop the motors only when you are on the ground, as intended. But I'm not certain that everyone who has switched to Naza mode is aware that there appear to be 4 potential stick position combinations (show here) http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic. ... &t=454that can stop the motors mid-air which will then cause the Phantom to flip over upside down, then plummet straight into the ground.

Not a defect, but just pilot information that all who have switched to Naza mode must be aware of

7. Pull_Up

Yes but I'm still waiting for someone to try starting the motors in NAZA mode to confirm the standalone NAZA CSC commands are or are not available. There are other options from the standalone NAZA platform not carried forward into the modified version in the P2 line...

8. phantomguy

9. jejeje

Four CSC commands listed in a manual of NAZA-M are all effective in Vision+.

10. Mori55

Yes it works.

11. phantomguy

Thanks and that answers what happened.

12. Pull_Up

It does indeed. Don't come down at max descent rate whilst pirouetting like a spinning top and you'll probably avoid an accidental CSC...

13. phantomguy

does make one wonder the thought behind the engineers decision to have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4..stick combinations to do a CSC? The benefit?

14. Madwak

It may be for those people that have arthritis in their thumbs? :D