Creating more cinematic videos using waypoint/POI

Reaction score
I offer this video as an example of the improved effect of using points of interest (POI)
while flying a waypoint mission. Doing so keeps the foreground and background in movement with each other that creates a more interesting/cinematic effect. I think it also contributes to a more 3d vs 2d experience. The first third of the video is filmed using Litchi Waypoint/POI. The mission is a fully autonomous flight. The remainder of the video is flown manually.
I think I have reasonably good piloting skills but there is a real difference between the two.

Pultneyville....that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I grew up in Webster. Haven't lived there for quite a while, but a great picturesque place to fly. I agree with your comments about autonomous flying. It's not the be-all and end-all but if you setup the mission properly it can give you great, steady shots. I use Autopilot and it is incredibly powerful. After a few months I feel like I'm still just scratching the surface of what it can do.

Auto pilot. I've never heard of it. I'll check it out. From your days in Webster you'll remember the lake to have NEVER been this high. I think the closest was in 1973 but nothing like this. Disturbing

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl