Crazy pricing

Reaction score
I like shopping at BH photo and have received good service on my 2 Phantoms, gopro camera case and other items.
BUT.....I am seeing some strange pricing going on.
I bought a case for my gopro camera. It will hold two cameras in waterproof housings, extra batteries, storage pouch etc.
Normally it was $59.99 and I got it on sale for $19.99 and free shipping. Cool. Well worth the sale price.
Shortly after I saw the price changing on it. List and sale price both.
This morning I see the exact same case Listed for $79.99 and on sale for $59.99. This is strange.
In Jan I lucked out and got a new P1 for $379 and free shipping. Eight hour later it was $479 again.
I can understand the selling price can change but to keep changing the normal price to a higher amount to make the sale look better is something I really don't care for.
Bottom line.....be aware of your items and what they should cost. List price don't mean squat. Some people will buy just because it says "ON SALE"
I still see some P1's listed for over $700 as normal price.....

On the DJI Phantom pricing, they were probably following promotional discounts from DJI like they did recently with the Tue and Wed mid week sales that ran for about 5 weeks.

I'm guessing the pricing of some peripherals can change pretty quickly too with supply and demand and unlike Cameras and other things where the manufacturer controls the floor and ceiling on the pricing.

I'm guessing I've spent between $25k and $35k with B&H since 2002 when I started ordered digital Canon cameras and lenses. They're fantastic with customer service and I don't have to pay tax ;)

Originally the P1 sold for about $749. It hasn't been that for quite a while but some companies still like to use that as the normal price so their sale price looks so much better. It's been $479 for almost a year. As far as the camera case....how does it go from $59 to $79 in a month but they sold it to me for $19.99.

It is called selling something. Even high quality places like B&H will do what they have to to sell the item. You will still get a quality item from them. The only thing you need to watch is when the item is coming from some "low quality" seller. That is where you will get a high listed normal price and the sale price low and you get junk.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl