Crashed Phantom 4...repair options

I
replaced middleshell and landing gear, the front vision sensors got bent forward so I gently bent back (manganese part of battery bay) little brittle and had to superglue I broke it(not the ribbon cable the manganese sensor camera mounts), it worked fine and lenses line up with shell holes, flys perfect today, noticed compass 1(leftleg) disconnected,compass2 fine, video beautiful, will calibrate imu, compass, vision sensors, compass ribbon cable plugs both legs front side, both leg plugins seam fragile so used elec tape to keep cable plug secured compass 2 (R.leg). 7 days from crash to repaired. cost $100 middle/landing gear/percision scredrivers/ #0phillips+1.5/2.0mm allen/torque all you need,bottom shell(gimble) to middle is 8 screws, strip easy.middle to top 8 screws,motors 12 screws, 4 (#0philips) screws hold 2 mini cover plates over camera ribbon plugin and 4 mini plugs from legs for IMU etc, and 2 #0 screws for tabs{L&R) from middleshell to controll board cooling plate, 8 screws hold landing gear to middle. prying middle from top has 5 tabs it can be tricky use small plastic pryer, press middle in while prying, start at motors. Compass 1 may pop on eventually but either its faulty cable or compass module or connection in the powerboard or the L. leg, but for now #2 just fine>

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl