Crashed Phantom 4...repair options

Reaction score
Crashed into a tree in sport mode. Followed all guidelines provided in the manual. Camera has detached (camera itself is intact), and gimbal appears to be damaged. One of the legs on the frame is cracked and bent. That's all the damage that we can see.

Send to DJI and get an estimated repair cost? What are the other options? Did not have DJI Care :/

Reactions: bakermaann
Crashed into a tree in sport mode. Followed all guidelines provided in the manual. Camera has detached (camera itself is intact), and gimbal appears to be damaged. One of the legs on the frame is cracked and bent. That's all the damage that we can see.

Send to DJI and get an estimated repair cost? What are the other options? Did not have DJI Care :/

Need you ask!! You can send it in and it will be added to the pile of other broken quads.
DJI Boneyard.jpg

Wow, about the pic I mean!
Sorry you crashed, ouch, in sport mode no less, sounds like it coulda been worse.
That pic, that's gotta be a trash pile or something, otherwise, I mean, how would they know what's what? theres gotta be some
Working parts in there....wish I could know more about that pic

Wow, about the pic I mean!
Sorry you crashed, ouch, in sport mode no less, sounds like it coulda been worse.
That pic, that's gotta be a trash pile or something, otherwise, I mean, how would they know what's what? theres gotta be some
Working parts in there....wish I could know more about that pic

Enlarge the photo and you will parts on some units. Quad are cheaper by the dozens.

You are stuffed really as a non Dji repair will invalidate warranty. Dji seems your only choice as its so new.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Send it in. Mine only took a week to get back. You're going to spend about $300.

Im interested to know why you stated that you followed all guidelines in the manual?

The best P4 repair center I found was at www.jogjasky.com but they are a little far from you guys. Even thou its a non registered DJI center, DJI does not warranty aircraft that have crashed, unless it can be demonstrated that it was a hardware default, even that is very hard to do, most of the crashes are pilot induced.

We are in Ohio. FlyByVideoPros.com
Fixing a Phantom 4 that dropped in the lake. Since we carry all the parts, we have fast turnaround.
cf3bf60fd3bb139bded51fb1f33d9ca6.jpg

We are in Ohio. FlyByVideoPros.com
Fixing a Phantom 4 that dropped in the lake. Since we carry all the parts, we have fast turnaround.
cf3bf60fd3bb139bded51fb1f33d9ca6.jpg

Where at in Ohio

Hey ya, I sent a crashed HD3D gimbal from Ireland to this guy, USDRONEREPAIR, the local repair shops said it was unrepairable, this guy straightened out bent motor shafts and more, and was cheap and quick, Highly recommended...

also.. he keeps a good Facebook page of whats happening in his repair shop...

Security Check Required

Last edited:
Flying on P4 in Sport mode as novice pilot is never a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew my P4 backwards into a tree. Sounds like we had similar damage. I had mine repaired at www.camrise.com (a DJI authorized repair facility) in NYC. It was a little over a week from when I mailed it to them until I received it back. Cost me about $450, which State Farm paid for. Very good people...

Do I need to send P4P with the battery and RC or just the drone, for broken leg,cracked fusalage at leg?

No, just aircraft. If you send Aircraft and remote, we can make sure all firmware is consistent, and everything is calibrated.

Reactions: Jesse B.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
There is a complete P4P teardown and rebuild, its not hard, here are the screws, 8 T20/35 screws to hold bottom(grey part that camera hangs down from), 8 T25/45 that hold middle shell to top shell (middle is shell that landing gear attaches to), 12 N30/55 motor screws (3 each motor,lens pops off, lift white reflector, screws revealed), need phillips and hex screwdrivers for metric(electronic) screws, if need top shell replaced, need a soddering iron to remove 4 wires attached to components, and a plastic pryer(small) to pop top from middle shell, dont need to remove camera to take off bottom(grey), its all together, there is on ribbon cable that pops off so tilt to the microsd side to access ribbon cable, then bottom shell comes complete off.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
videos. One is P4 video other is P4P, everything is same except P4P video when he removes middle from top shell he doesnt show to cables in front(cables come from landing gear) you have to squeeze the sides to unlatch cable plugin on both cables, they go to right and left front legs, these are the 2 cables that come with landing gear replacement. I removed my bottom and middle shell to replace landing gear and middle shell, only gonna cost me $100, I do labor thanks to these videos EZPZ, I checked stuff after crash and all works perfect so just ordered middle and landing gear. Heres pic of damage

Attachments

• 20170508_115007.jpg
    20170508_115007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 566
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic