Crashed my Phantom, what's my best repair option?

That could interfere with my efforts to pass their tests should they keep an eye on this thread... I will be fair and admit if I am denied. If I'm not, then I reserve the right to say "I told you so".
Like we would believe anything a person who brags about committing fraud would say.

Reactions: hambone435
Now that you've put it in print on this forum, DJI probably already knows.

(I'm not showing actual pictures to avoid DJI using them to say I damaged it before buying the protection):

Bud

Hello Phantom Pilots!

I just got my first big drone, a Phantom 4 Pro, about a week ago. Today I crashed it into a tree... I want to repair it but I'm not sure how I should go about it. I could buy the DJI Care Refresh thing, that would be $150 plus $100 for the first replacement, so that's $250. I could also mail in the drone without DJI Care Refresh but then I don't know what it will cost. DJI's chat rep told me it depends on the damage, so now I have no idea if the repair would cost less than $250 or not.

I'm hoping you guys can help me with this. If I explain the damage then hopefully you can tell me what option would be better for me! Thanks in advance!

Here's what the damage looks like (I'm not showing actual pictures to avoid DJI using them to say I damaged it before buying the protection):

drone_damage.png

PLEASE..... DO NOT do this. It is FRAUD.

Bud

Mmm, if I crashed it next week how would that be different, really? I mean, I have a protection plan on my phone, it was $100 and I've never used it... to be honest even if I hadn't crashed today I was already considering the DJI Care, so in the end does it really make a difference?

If DJI helps me here it will greatly improve my view of them, right now I don't know what to think yet. If they deny me, I'll probably never buy a DJI product again. Is it their fault? Of course not! But they can take a small loss now if it means I come back later and buy a $4000 Inspire, or whatever, in the future. It should be worth it to them to have and keep a happy customer!

Besides, if the damage is as you say, $250 would certainly cover it. It's not like I ran over the drone with my car for a cool shot knowing it would be covered, I'm a new customer who made an honest mistake and DJI has the power to fix that mistake.

Wow!! You sure do have a different way of looking at things. I'm glad you're not doing business with me.

Bud

Mmm, if I crashed it next week how would that be different, really? I mean, I have a protection plan on my phone, it was $100 and I've never used it... to be honest even if I hadn't crashed today I was already considering the DJI Care, so in the end does it really make a difference?

If DJI helps me here it will greatly improve my view of them, right now I don't know what to think yet. If they deny me, I'll probably never buy a DJI product again. Is it their fault? Of course not! But they can take a small loss now if it means I come back later and buy a $4000 Inspire, or whatever, in the future. It should be worth it to them to have and keep a happy customer!

Besides, if the damage is as you say, $250 would certainly cover it. It's not like I ran over the drone with my car for a cool shot knowing it would be covered, I'm a new customer who made an honest mistake and DJI has the power to fix that mistake.

Dji would never think of looking at the flight logs with a damaged drone. After all they are not that smart.

I have 2 brand new P3P in the box. With a 1 year warrenty on them. $635 shipped to your door.

Good luck with in the future flying your drone!

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello Phantom Pilots!

I just got my first big drone, a Phantom 4 Pro, about a week ago. Today I crashed it into a tree... I want to repair it but I'm not sure how I should go about it. I could buy the DJI Care Refresh thing, that would be $150 plus $100 for the first replacement, so that's $250. I could also mail in the drone without DJI Care Refresh but then I don't know what it will cost. DJI's chat rep told me it depends on the damage, so now I have no idea if the repair would cost less than $250 or not.

I'm hoping you guys can help me with this. If I explain the damage then hopefully you can tell me what option would be better for me! Thanks in advance!

Here's what the damage looks like (I'm not showing actual pictures to avoid DJI using them to say I damaged it before buying the protection):

drone_damage.png
i got my fixed after hitting tree in sports mode, it worked fine after repairs. they replaced the shell.

Reactions: Xanthe_2871
I think he's just working on his story. My bet is he flew it a few times and then put it into sports mode and ran smack dab into a tree.

thats what i did. a 575$ lesson. then i sold old gimbal and camera for parts for $200

Hello Phantom Pilots!

drone_damage.png
SO, I hate to ask you, did you have the obstacle avoidance on ?

I had THIS experience today with a tree:

Wow!! You sure do have a different way of looking at things. I'm glad you're not doing business with me.

Bud
My way of looking at things is that taking a loss now is worthwhile in the long run. People here keep making analogies to car insurance, but this isn't like that at all. This is more like an extended warranty you buy from the dealership. Except this one covers accidental damage. But it's DJI selling this plan, not 21st Century or State Farm. And it's only valid for 1 year, it's not a plan you can have for the lifetime of the drone. It's DJI trying to boost consumer confidence in their expensive and fragile products, and if that means some dishonest customers get their way then so be it, DJI still wins as long as I buy future drones from them. And I assure you I will if I'm treated well.

I think your moral compass might be experiencing some serious magnetic interference.

I agree with Techcop50 that your moral compass is completely skewed.

Also, if you go through with this plan to deceive DJI then in my opinion you are nothing but a THIEF. I despise a lot of dishonest things but I despise a THIEF most of all.

This forum is a place to come and talk about your drones, or get help from the good people that frequent this forum. It isn't to assist you in cheating a company. Personally, if I had the ability to find out who you are I would turn you in.

Bud

My way of looking at things is that taking a loss now is worthwhile in the long run. People here keep making analogies to car insurance, but this isn't like that at all. This is more like an extended warranty you buy from the dealership. Except this one covers accidental damage. But it's DJI selling this plan, not 21st Century or State Farm. And it's only valid for 1 year, it's not a plan you can have for the lifetime of the drone. It's DJI trying to boost consumer confidence in their expensive and fragile products, and if that means some dishonest customers get their way then so be it, DJI still wins as long as I buy future drones from them. And I assure you I will if I'm treated well.

I crashed my P-4 P into a canal . 15 minutes in fresh water & the battery is shot, that camera is blurry plus it will not move.One landing gear is cracked. Drone Nerds guess $500 ? All the info I saw once in water never the same? I now wish i purchased the protection plan, BUT to do it now isa nothing but being a crook. It really doesn't matter if DJI is a large or small company , stealing is stealing . I am eating my learn learned loss.

Well, I submitted my video yesterday, I haven't heard back yet. But I will be sure to update you all either way. Personally, I am confident that it will work in my favor. The customer is always right. Even when they're wrong, they're right. Period.
Entitled people like you that commit fraud are why honest people have to pay more money for things.

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is there will be no fraud, because they emailed me about the tape in the video and I have now showed them the damage and told them exactly what happened. The bad news is they can't give me coverage until the supervisor investigates... but if they do give me coverage now there will be no moral ambiguity or fraud committed as they now know everything.

I suspect I will still get my coverage since the damage is purely cosmetic. The mechanics of the drone had 0 issues complying with the field tests required for coverage.
Did you read the part under refresh that says cosmetic damage is not covered? So even if you get the coverage they won't cover it.

Under exclusions, shell damage that doesn't affect performance of the craft is not covered.

Did you read the part under refresh that says cosmetic damage is not covered? So even if you get the coverage they won't cover it.

Under exclusions, shell damage that doesn't affect performance of the craft is not covered.

That is probably why they are still giving me this coverage. Even know that they know I crashed before signing up.

I agree with Techcop50 that your moral compass is completely skewed.

Also, if you go through with this plan to deceive DJI then in my opinion you are nothing but a THIEF. I despise a lot of dishonest things but I despise a THIEF most of all.

This forum is a place to come and talk about your drones, or get help from the good people that frequent this forum. It isn't to assist you in cheating a company. Personally, if I had the ability to find out who you are I would turn you in.

Bud
I don't think you've read my posts, but DJI knows I crashed into the tree, and they are still covering me. I'm not deceiving them because they know I crashed the drone and they consider the existing damage too small to warrant voiding the DJI care. No crime here, DJI is fully aware of the existing damage.

Entitled people like you that commit fraud are why honest people have to pay more money for things.
Right, but this isn't fraud because DJI knows about the damage. If I had lied then you would be right, but since they know about my crash now and are still going to cover me, it's not fraud.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart