crashed drone Phan 4

Reaction score
Well it has happened 1 month in, 12 flights and Ive crashed, not good. drone ended up at the bottom of this waterfall (Fresh water). I have recovered.

Damage - obviously water, submerged for 30 minutes until recovered - that was fun, not!

One arm damaged - will need to outer case plus new light.

Action so far :

recovered, bty was off in the water. hopefully before it entered as it hit the wall face before the water.

I have placed into a sealed bag with 15kg of rice and a large 1 kg dehumidifier bag.

Now siting in a warm area

Planning to keep in for a few days

Any advise on what to do next ref the drone. Options:

dry out - best method
Test - Carryout self test and see what issue show up - what is the best way to do this
The likely damage inside
Can I just buy a drone less controller to reduce costs

No insurance unless my home insurance will cover?

How did it happen well I think it was to do with my start point being on the high ground 20/30m and when it took down over the waterfall things went wrong because the sensors got confused. Drone started to increase height and one blade hit a very small branch.

Not really to sure all happened so quick!

Lastly best insurance uk for domestic use without CAA ticket

Attachments

• DJI_0028.JPG
    DJI_0028.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Your log may be telling as to what happened. Might be it lost some satellites and went into ATTI and decided it was time to RTH or something.

Good luck on drying it out and resuming ops.

Reactions: SIKA-SIA
State Farm writes Personal Article Insurance policies for drones. They treat them as flying cameras. It will pay on crashes. Other companies are looking to start writing policies.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes loss of satellites looks a strong possibility. Looks like a difficult recovery of the craft,hope you get it airborne again soon, please post your progress, we all like a story with a nice end.
Greetings from another U.K. Pilot.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: SIKA-SIA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing