Crash now rebuild...

Reaction score
So was flying this weekend and ended up crashing when a gust blew my phantom (v1.1.1) in to a tree then it fell on to a rock. As one of the arms is cracked and bent badly enough to have the blade hit it I'm left with a choice. Do I get a new Phantom shell to transplant everything or do I get something like a flame wheel body to move everything to? I like the look of the Team Black Sheep frame, but I think I'll want to use that for a ground up build. Also if I go with a Flame Wheel, any benefit to going to 6 rotors?

Around $50 for a body I would replace it that will give you some hands on for when you build the bird you want . I know spring I will be starting a ground up build .
GL

750r - Any good places to buy a new phantom body?

OI - So if I don't plan on lifting more, would that equate over to longer flight time with what I currently lift? Which right now is just a gopro. I would like to build in FPV at some point, but don't see me doing much more than that.

the only thing you can really transfer to another frames is the NAZA and the motors, perhaps the ESC's if you can figure a way to rig them up, but you'd need a new GPS puck.

I just recommend getting a new Phantom shell, selling the Phantom and using the money to build a bigger Quad or hex.

Gizmo3000 said:
I just recommend getting a new Phantom shell, selling the Phantom and using the money to build a bigger Quad or hex.

Ditto.

Dave, if you don't need to lift more than that I wouldn't bother with a 550, but moving to a 450 at least would give you the ability to use larger batts than what will fit in the Phantom's shell. You might also want to consider a TBS Discovery Pro or similar quad platform in that class, there's several that are rather nimble and efficient and purpose-designed for gopro's and FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing