Crash. Is this just a gimbal motor replacement or is it more serious?

Reaction score
Camera still works. Pitch motor still works. $699 for new camera/gimbal module replacement will kill me. (if the wife doesn't first)

Thanks for any feedback!

Attachments

• 20180205_153950.jpg
    20180205_153950.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 405
  • 20180205_153935.jpg
    20180205_153935.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 433
Could also be a damaged flex cable, but yes, that is a damaged yaw motor. Be careful with those motor screws: if you strip them, you will end up buying a whole new yaw arm

Thanks!! I was hoping it wasn't anything major.

newbie lesson learned : -don't fly sideways when there is no line of sight and you're unfamiliar with the territory.

*The rubber grommet/seal seems to be a little messed up too, but possible once i get in there, i may be able to re-seat it. I havn't seen those for sale...

Be sure to check the yaw motor sensors. If you are replacing the yaw motor be sure to re use the old yaw motor housing. I have a YouTube video on here that explains why and how to do it

Be sure to check the yaw motor sensors. If you are replacing the yaw motor be sure to re use the old yaw motor housing. I have a YouTube video on here that explains why and how to do it

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the reply. Would you please post a link to your video?

Cheers!

Adam

If u have questions contact me
Hey Ted! This video tip worked perfectly for me. I had the same problem.

I have a question though. Can you elaborate further on why the magnets are different? What is DJI doing to the magnet? Is this actually called “calibration”? I’d like to talk about this on a podcast episode but I want to make sure I have all the facts.

I am not sure why the magnets are placed randomly. Perhaps it is a way to force people to buy a new camera. I know they set each yaw at the factory.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo