Crash Damage Assessment

Reaction score
Hello,

Crashed my P3Pro last night and looking for some suggestions on the next steps.

Looks like the gimbal mounting plate broke in one corner and both cables came out, one leaving the quick connect in the camera and the pins pulling out. The body is obviously damaged and I hear a slight clinking noise in one of the motors.

Should I try to hook back up the gimbal and power things up? Looks like I could connect the one cable easily and plug the pins back into the connector of the other. Anything I shouldn't do? I have no idea if the condition of the electronics. The lights were still blinking and couple props destroyed.

Here is a pic and vid of the damage

yJS8-N1hstykg9MIicC4QrIPkZwR8QSI7cIw5cw5RPnyqTFPtmuL5SkX_rxChNkGQyipPrjPKVdGwVTlfJsUxGnRKlgQWQc6VlVEvoBsyoiQ10XAurIG9wab2u_EvZqpWr9U8hYCDx-nBflsfHWu-VtNtHQ56eXgstSjvXVEPyfAcmGK2MN7z1PrnJcIOWv8TIG1P-EDEOvIVcP7LfVOuxw0x0PcAn_QqFqTF10KwZN8Io6JkULkkelkgCvcJZONS5Qh8GpFCGQsKvlQi2hV8sIQmbwSVzY9step8w6pKLmq_hbl36zgl2MVfpXC3Iwr-PT0W-tmRTJqrB9Dv5tNgJRIjygU0ay25UjFC3u0guET8DUykjj9pJosPl5tP4CGlFH6epWdAiDWshSu1x07zlDuIcBM7XQF7yj-3JQvOmsvurp6miSrd1z3DIKLEgzb-XrCZYwlVJZQg6KO8YWJMzqoCpB4JhvWsVo2NlWucYNw2hCXZqJI7x3yk8fK8dXaJfqoZ6UF31j2PcZu3O-WkRUy_Xt2ISyhRYsnIRH4vXj7=w1434-h1075-no

unhook the camera first and see if led's show ready to fly and it does fly (carefully)

edit, that motor does not sound good but the camera looks like it will go again with a cable repair or new cable

Hello,

Crashed my P3Pro last night and looking for some suggestions on the next steps.

Looks like the gimbal mounting plate broke in one corner and both cables came out, one leaving the quick connect in the camera and the pins pulling out. The body is obviously damaged and I hear a slight clinking noise in one of the motors.

Should I try to hook back up the gimbal and power things up? Looks like I could connect the one cable easily and plug the pins back into the connector of the other. Anything I shouldn't do? I have no idea if the condition of the electronics. The lights were still blinking and couple props destroyed.

Here is a pic and vid of the damage

yJS8-N1hstykg9MIicC4QrIPkZwR8QSI7cIw5cw5RPnyqTFPtmuL5SkX_rxChNkGQyipPrjPKVdGwVTlfJsUxGnRKlgQWQc6VlVEvoBsyoiQ10XAurIG9wab2u_EvZqpWr9U8hYCDx-nBflsfHWu-VtNtHQ56eXgstSjvXVEPyfAcmGK2MN7z1PrnJcIOWv8TIG1P-EDEOvIVcP7LfVOuxw0x0PcAn_QqFqTF10KwZN8Io6JkULkkelkgCvcJZONS5Qh8GpFCGQsKvlQi2hV8sIQmbwSVzY9step8w6pKLmq_hbl36zgl2MVfpXC3Iwr-PT0W-tmRTJqrB9Dv5tNgJRIjygU0ay25UjFC3u0guET8DUykjj9pJosPl5tP4CGlFH6epWdAiDWshSu1x07zlDuIcBM7XQF7yj-3JQvOmsvurp6miSrd1z3DIKLEgzb-XrCZYwlVJZQg6KO8YWJMzqoCpB4JhvWsVo2NlWucYNw2hCXZqJI7x3yk8fK8dXaJfqoZ6UF31j2PcZu3O-WkRUy_Xt2ISyhRYsnIRH4vXj7=w1434-h1075-no

IMHO, I would do a complete disassembly- and order a new shell, gimbal mounting plate, then check and reinstall every thing.
No need in trying to patch it-- only asking for trouble later.

IMHO, I would do a complete disassembly- and order a new shell, gimbal mounting plate, then check and reinstall every thing.
No need in trying to patch it-- only asking for trouble later.

I have no intent of flying the bird as is. Looking for the proper troubleshooting techniques. Just buying everything as you suggested would be stupid if it turns out my internals are shot or the gimbal / camera doesn't work. Then I spent extra unnecessarily.

@bobmyers thanks for the idea. I will see if all systems connect fine first. I haven't put props back on yet so I am not sure if they will have issues clearing the body. If that works I will try to reconnect the camera and see if it comes back to life.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl