CPU Overload

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4 I have been flying for the better part of 18 months. I am using an IPad Air as my realtime video source. Lately I get a message indicating that my IPAD cpu is being overloaded by the drone. I don't notice any drone malfunction, but I am concerned. Any idea why I would get this message?

This started happening to my iPad mini 4 and, after the next DJI update, the artefacts started appearing.

It's either a carefully planned method of getting people to update their iPads or the DJI Go app is a bag of awful coding. I changed to an iPad pro (1st gen) and now have no issues.

Go 4 is a very resource hungry program, I've got a Acer tablet that I was using to fly my Phantom 4, after a while I was getting a message telling me it couldn't connect, I can't remember the exact words used but I checked everything then kicked myself (being an engineer) formatted my tablet and loaded Go 4 again and it worked perfectly.
Not thinking I'd used my tablet as another computer, uploading Facebook, Messenger, movies, music and all sorts of rubbish. A lot of these run in the background so, once I'd reloaded Go 4 I stopped or deleted every program that was already installed and I didn't use and now keep my tablet exclusively for my Phantom 4

I will try shutting down all non essential programs while running the Phantom and let you know if that works. Thanks!

I reset my iPad 4 to factory, created a new account and only installed the DJI app. Same result so tests might vary. I know that Android can run a million things at once so a reset might (as it has above) but the iPad range keeps things a little tidier. Either way the iPad 4 once worked perfectly. Shame.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello