Course Lock Issue in Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I am still getting familiar with my new Phantom 3 Advanced drone, I had good weather the last few days so I took advantage of it. For some reason I can't seem to find the Course Lock setting in the DJI Go app, I have watched several videos on how to set course lock and yet I just can't locate this setting in the app. I have the newest App version, I have beginners mode off, Multi-Mode on, when I take off I have it in P-mode then once in the air a couple meters I switch the switch on the remote to F-mode , when I click on the mode at the top left of the screen where it shows what mode I'm in and scroll down there is a setting P-A-F but it is not high lighted so I can't do anything to change this setting. I know someone knows the answer who's more experienced with this Drone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, it flew beautiful and with out incident.

Thanks

SteveP55

When in F-mode, you'll see a button to display the IOC modes on the left side of the screen in DJI GO. It'll be below the auto land and RTH buttons.

Reactions: SteveP55
Hi msinger, Thanks for the info, Soon as I can get it out again, weather depending, I'll check that out. I appreciate your input.
Thanks
SteveP55

You could also check it out indoors (with the props off). The icon should display there and you should be able to see all of the available IOC flight modes.

Ok, So I kept the props off and turned everything on connected to the DJI Go app, on the screen I changed the mode from P-GPS to F-GPS ,
It shows at the top, that it is in F-GPS mode, but below the take off and Return Home icons on the left side of the screen is a Map showing Home Point, I don't see what msinger was taking about, where the IOC button is on the left side of the screen?. Under the MC settings 1. Home Point settings, 2. Return To Home Altitude settings, 3.Enable multiple Flight Modes, it's on, 4.Beginners mode, set to Off, 5. Maximum Altitude setting, 6. Distance Limit is off, 7. Advance settings, when I click to open this it has various settings EXP, Stick Filtering, Gain, Sensor State. RC signal Lost, Return to Home, Smart Return Home -On,
Turn on arm's LED light, -on, Enable Vision Positioning system - On, Then under Aircraft Status ,Latest Firmware , IMU -Normal, Calibrate Compass, Radio Channel Quality, Flight Mode F-GPS, remote controller Mode, But nothing for IOC settings. I know you guy's are thinking I must be an confused LOL, I literally have checked under every screen menu I can find and No Course Lock setting that I can find. I'm using The DJI Go app ver. 3.1.3.
Thanks Guy's
SteveP55

When my P3A is in F-mode, the only way I'm able to get that icon to go away is by disabling the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Multiple Flight Modes" setting. Double-check that you have that setting enabled after connecting your Phantom to DJI GO.

Hi msinger,
So lets see if I'm understanding you correctly, I should disable the Multiple Flight Modes until I connect the Phantom to the DJI Go app? this will remove the map at the lower left area of the screen? and allow me to see the Course Lock icon?
Thanks, msinger

Hea Guy's,
Here is an update on my Course Lock situation. I contacted DJI support and I explained this Course Lock situation just as I explained it here
and set them some pictures of the app screens showing the MC settings page, showing that under the Multi-Modes settings there is No IOC setting showing and here is their
Aircraft Status Screenjpg.jpg
Main Screen.jpg
MC Settings 1.jpg
MC Settings 2 .jpg
Aircraft Status Screenjpg.jpg Main Screen.jpg MC Settings 1.jpg MC Settings 2 .jpg response, "
Vel B (DJI)

Feb 25, 08:27 HKT

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting DJI Tech Support

I was able to review the photos and as well as your description and steps, and it seems everything is correct.
It is unusual that the option for Course Lock is not showing up on the screen though you have already reached
the required altitude in able for you to set it up.

Have you tried to use the other intelligent Flight Modes?
If yes, is it working fine?

May i ask what is the Firmware version of your Aircraft as well as the Remote?

Best Regards,

Vel
DJI Support

So I guess if they say everything looks correct along with my description of how I set it up, I guess I will never be able to set my Course Lock
I was pretty sure that it was not my lack of knowing where it should be, but rather it just is not showing up. I'll add the same pics I sent to DJI
so you can see the menus. If anyone has any other inputs, it will be welcomed, Thanks Guy's
SteveP55

picture # 2 , controller with blue circle around it , when you press this icon you get no F-MODES showing up ?? PRESS CONTROLLER ICON WITH BLUE CIRCLE AROUND IT

Hi kndll,
I can't believe IT ! You are exactly right, I just set it up indoors to check it out and presto, I pressed that little remote controller Icon with the blue circle around it and it opened the menu with way points, follow me, course lock ! You my friend just made my day , Thank you so much, DJI support may need a little re-schooling, LOL they saw the same pictures you did and didn't realize what you yourself saw.
Now I can fly with all the possibilities it is capable of.
AGAIN Thank You !
SteveP55

Hi kndll,
I can't believe IT ! You are exactly right, I just set it up indoors to check it out and presto, I pressed that little remote controller Icon with the blue circle around it and it opened the menu with way points, follow me, course lock ! You my friend just made my day , Thank you so much, DJI support may need a little re-schooling, LOL they saw the same pictures you did and didn't realize what you yourself saw.
Now I can fly with all the possibilities it is capable of.
AGAIN Thank You !
SteveP55
I just got my P3S in NOV. and am still making mistakes and still learning myself !

I would like to thank everyone who responded to help me with this issue of the invisible COURSE Lock, kndll is the winner! but actually everyone is a winner for taking the time to help this newbie. So I Salute you all ! Safe Flying to ALL !
Sincerely
SteveP55

Reactions: kndll
I would like to thank everyone who responded to help me with this issue of the invisible COURSE Lock, kndll is the winner!
Or, did I win since I told you where the icon should appear in post #2 above? ;)

You Guy's, You all get the Credit, everything you told me helped to figure this out for me LOL You Both get GOLD Stars LOL
Thanks again, your all so kind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan