Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cool concept for real?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Suwaneeguy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Suwaneeguy

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rEI4bezWc[/youtube]

The video shows a man on the floor after a heart attack. His daughter calls 911.
    The operator sends a drone to the location.
    Packed inside the drone is also a defibulater.
    Practical? Maybe. But I would not want a child to even consider using the defib part.

2. sdtrojan

That is shocking!

I would lay even odds someone would try to rewire the defib to the drone for longer flight times!

3. PhantomFanatic

Actually, I think this is a good idea. Modern defibrillators are very easy to use. They are beginning to put them in shopping malls, etc. I once sold parts,for a commercial defibrillator company and I got an inside look at the technology.

This isn't such a far fetched idea. In a crowded city with stalled traffic, this could arrive before an ambulance. I think the commercial market for drones will take off in the coming years. There is talk of delivering pizzas, packages, etc. Why not life saving equipment?

4. mendezl

This may be practical mainly for remote areas. Lets say that a hicker is stuck on a cliffside and needs a defibulator... a drone makes sence then. Does not make sence in a busy city with people and onsticles everywhere, plus most malls and large buildings etc have a defibulator somewhere.