I ordered the P4P+ and it showed up yesterday. However, I've been hesitant to even open it because of the reported glitchy issues. I had the P4 since it came out, sold it when I got the Mavic but there was always an issue with seeing the display on my iPad mini 2 so when the + was announced saying that it had twice as bright of a screen I was sold. At this point I'm not that interested in using 3rd party apps so it was even more of a reason to get the +. Like I said the P4P+ showed up yesterday and I'm trying to decide to fly or just send it back for the P4P.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It definitely is bright and is nice, i will say it is small, if your used to the iPad mini size you may not like it. It is so easy to grab the controller turn it on and its ready to fly. No wires no fumbling with the controller clamp no taking the iPad case off. I have only noticed the video glitch when filming in 4k. If you stop recording the video feed goes back to being smooth. I think a firmware upgrade will fix it but question is when? There to busy celebrating there new year haha!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Great topic! I will be purchasing the P4P soon. I too am struggling with the decision on which controller I want. For me the biggest issue is how well you can see the screen on the P4P+ in the daylight? I do video productions on all of our company's real estate properties. So it's real hard to keep an eye on the drone, fly around trees and watch the screen at the same time. It's also important that I can clearly see the quality of my current video settings. I always have to find a shady spot to stay in while I'm doing the video. I've had issues with neighbors on some occasions crying that their airspace was violated. So I like the idea of pulling out the P4P+ and just start shooting and then put it away quickly and take off like a thief in the night. On the other hand, I already have the iPad M4. Also, I'm thinking in 6 months the P4P+ controller will be outdated and replaced with a newer and better model.

Last edited:
I would get the P4P and not the plus. It seems kinda useless to just have a single display, that you can't run anything except DJI product, and you can't use to display for anything other than the AC, and its small!

Whereas with the mini iPad, you get the full use of an iPad when you're Around the house and at work.

I am saving for a phantom 4 pro.. and the only thing is I can't find the pro plus on the DJI website. I don't want to order from non DJI and if it is faulty not being able to get it replaced if they don't have more at DJI. Does anyone know why I don't see P4P+ on DJI website? Am I just looking wrong?

I am saving for a phantom 4 pro.. and the only thing is I can't find the pro plus on the DJI website. I don't want to order from non DJI and if it is faulty not being able to get it replaced if they don't have more at DJI. Does anyone know why I don't see P4P+ on DJI website? Am I just looking wrong?
The plus comes up as an option when you add the P4P to your cart!

For some reason I was under the impression you could not use an alternate controller than the one that comes with the drone? If that's true, that is good to know if I do go with the + to know I'm not entirely locked in, in case of extreme failure...haha.

From all the concerns you listed I don't think budget is one! so my opinion is get the + and when apple comes out with the next gen iPad mini with brighter screens you get a new remote and an iPad. That'll do!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT