Controller will not update?

TLM

Reaction score
The txt file says "
==========2015.09.07 15:13:26==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.
"

But when I fly it keeps giving message the RC must be updated to work with the app and then there is signal loss.

It appears it's already installed then.

Try turning everything on in this order:

1) Remote controller
2) Phantom
3) Wait about 30 seconds.
4) Start the DJI GO app

I had the same thing.... try downloading the 1.3.20 firmware in the root directory of a thumb drive and then use the thumb drive to update the controller. The 1.4.0010 firmware needs your controller to be on 1.3.20... I discovered I was still on 1.2.6

The txt file says "
==========2015.09.07 15:13:26==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.
"

But when I fly it keeps giving message the RC must be updated to work with the app and then there is signal loss.
I have 2 Phantoms P3 models and one had older controller SW that would not update and would not work. I read a few places and figured out I had not updated to the 1.3.2 controller update, which is still offered on DJI site. After that update, all controller updates are done via the GO APP, not a memory stick or usb stick. After I updated the controller to 1.3.2, both models worked well. I tried the POI with a couple of batteries and they worked great. I made a common mistake after going through the POI set-up, I FORGOT to start the video recorder!! Stupid of me. It did a great circle in strong winds, but no recording. I did get a couple of good POI video examples after I remembered to push the record video button, but was surprised to find no video on a couple of POI tests when I forgot to start the video on a couple of others. Learning by making mistakes.... what else is new.

The follow me videos on the site are good, but I can't imagine a snowboarder or surfer carrying the remote with them. But we will see what they use Follow Me for as the videos get posted.

Also they recommend reformatting the SD card before you drag the new update onto it. That also might help you get flying.

I am having the very same issue with the annoying exception that my controller will not even upgrade to 1.03.

I am following the instructions to a T, but nothing doing. Any ideas what I can do?

Please read this firmware relase note:
and look at the "Notice" bottom of page :

2015.9.7 Overview: 1. All-in-one firmware version updated to: v1.4.0010 2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.2.0 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.1.0 What’s New: 1. Added Intelligent Navigation Modes including Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoint. 2. The Phantom 3 Advanced now supports 2.7K (2704x1520p30) video recording. 3. The photo format now cannot be changed when the camera is in operation. Bug Fixes: 1. Removed the vision position system altitude record from the video caption.

Notice:  Users may skip updating the remote controller, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller  It is normal for the motor to sound or the LED to blink during the update process, as the latest firmware update will affect the motor.

Reactions: znqfly
1.3.2 worked for me after hours trying 1.4xxx. I used a flash drive. Format the drive to FAT 32 and make sure it's the only .bin file.

I just called DJI and they told me, since I have the 300A controller, I do NOT need to upgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.3.2. The next upgrade will be available after the next DJIGo App update. Since the motors engage, I'm good to go he says.

Seems that the older A series needs some extra love to be able to upgrade to 1.3.2. That's what I read between the lines.

This was crazy I'm flying now but still no update on the RC ... I did a "gyroscope calibration" ... because every time I tried to auto take off it said gyroscope data error or something like that . That was scary.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl