Controller/Vision stickers

gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:
Just on the "any more ideas for stickers" thing... I sometimes forget to take the lens cover off the camera because being white against a white camera and phantom body it just kind of disappears. Any mileage in making something to make it a bit more obvious? For patriotic reasons I was thinking RAF roundel...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adampoole/5761061455

Or the WWII version for an old school look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kagey_b/205535322

And then I thought how about a big one for the top of the phantom?! Just throwing it out there... ;)

And there are a few out there for us yanks...

round-flag01.jpg

I Like that! Nice!

t.rexxer said:
gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:
Just on the "any more ideas for stickers" thing... I sometimes forget to take the lens cover off the camera because being white against a white camera and phantom body it just kind of disappears. Any mileage in making something to make it a bit more obvious? For patriotic reasons I was thinking RAF roundel...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adampoole/5761061455

Or the WWII version for an old school look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kagey_b/205535322

And then I thought how about a big one for the top of the phantom?! Just throwing it out there... ;)

And there are a few out there for us yanks...

round-flag01.jpg

I Like that! Nice!

Actually... I cut that out, and applied it to my lens cover with scotch poster tape. (That's double sided transparent tape.) It looks pretty cool... :D

These are my own labels done on my brother P touch label maker. I'd been planning to do these for a long time now but finally did them. And the highlighted black DJI, Phantom logo's, Power Indicator and up / down arrows were done with a black sharpie. Making the label was quick. Taking the time to cut the label to size and place them on the controller was the harder part. Tweezers would have made this go faster. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Phantom Controller Front1.jpg
    Phantom Controller Front1.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 598
  • Phantom Controller Front Closer 1.jpg
    Phantom Controller Front Closer 1.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 726
  • Phantom Controller Right Angel 1.jpg
    Phantom Controller Right Angel 1.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 611
garygid said:
The most understandable labeling that I have seen, and nicely done.

What model P-Touch label printer, something like this?
http://m.staples.com/touch/product.html?#637689

Is that printed on transparent label stock?

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I thought I'd keep the labels as simply termed as possible for when my friends fly. Also the brother p-touch used for the labels is slightly more sophisticated than the one you showed in your link, but funny enough it was also purchased from Staples. I'll send you a picture of it with the model number (it's a couple years old at this point).

As long as you use a p-touch that can print three rows on a single label then most models should work fine to produce the same results. The labels used where a white background black lettering.. Clear would work fine as well since the controller is already white.

A Bold font was used for the Intelligent orientation and Flight Mode labels. And all the labels were printed in Upper Case.

BenDronePilot said:
These are my own labels done on my brother P touch label maker. I'd been planning to do these for a long time now but finally did them. And the highlighted black DJI, Phantom logo's, Power Indicator and up / down arrows were done with a black sharpie. Making the label was quick. Taking the time to cut the label to size and place them on the controller was the harder part. Tweezers would have made this go faster. Enjoy!

I did this back when I got my first Phantom.

Maybe you will get away with mentioning using a label maker on this particular thread. I didn't. I mentioned using a label maker way back as another option and certain people said it was not a good way to label these things. Basically it was cheap and not good enough like.............................uh well I will let it go. I ended up scratching a bunch of posts because of it.

Looks good.

Nvr2fst said:
BenDronePilot said:

I did this back when I got my first Phantom.

Maybe you will get away with mentioning using a label maker on this particular thread. I didn't. I mentioned using a label maker way back as another option and certain people said it was not a good way to label these things. Basically it was cheap and not good enough like.............................uh well I will let it go. I ended up scratching a bunch of posts because of it.

Looks good.

Yeah I recall some others talking about using a label maker also. Since I had my ptouch that was first thing I thought to do myself but just was lazy about doing it. I'm pretty happy with the overall results it came out better than I was expecting. Thanks for the feedback

Ordered customized stickers today (Sat PM) and received email that they are shipping Monday. Great service.

Just checking into this thread so I don't loose the contact info. Been in touch with ColoradoSky and am ordering a set of identity stickers with a customized warning label and arm bands styled like caution/barricade tape. Will update once the process is final.

Tripnman said:
Just checking into this thread so I don't loose the contact info. Been in touch with ColoradoSky and am ordering a set of identity stickers with a customized warning label and arm bands styled like caution/barricade tape. Will update once the process is final.

Sent your custom stuff today- thanks for the idea! The "Caution Tape' is now an option for the rest of us... For that suggestion I sent a few to Tripnman at no charge. Any other good color/pattern ideas out there? Send them in! If we print yours you get the prototype free.

The support from this forum has been awesome, thanks for that. We made up a little bonus sticker that's been going in every order for free, but it's not for sale. It is a thank you for your order.

Attachments

• web arm 10.jpg
    web arm 10.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 574
That looks great, CS. Can't wait to see them! Feel free to add the modified "Warning" label I worked up to your for-sale collection as well.

EDIT: Received the package today. Couldn't be happier - thanks for the extra stickers, too.

Attachments

• IMG_0545.JPG
    IMG_0545.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 538
I know this particular post is huge but.... thanks Colorado Sky! Got my new arm stickers. Thanks for making ones I requested. Looks great.

Attachments

• New stickers.png
    New stickers.png
    435.1 KB · Views: 548
These stickers look great. what are the possibility of making stickers for the props (about 1" or more from the tips) to be stuck underneath? This way when it's spinning, you might be able to see the your bird clearly by the rotating color effect? Perhaps make the front ones a colored set and the rear ones white for better orientation?

Just a thought as this might make it easier to spot the vision in the air.

drone4me said:
These stickers look great. what are the possibility of making stickers for the props (about 1" or more from the tips) to be stuck underneath? This way when it's spinning, you might be able to see the your bird clearly by the rotating color effect? Perhaps make the front ones a colored set and the rear ones white for better orientation?

You don't want to do that. Major balance issue for starters.

Nvr2fst said:
drone4me said:

You don't want to do that. Major balance issue for starters.

Agreed. In our application instructions, you're advised not to apply stickers to the motors, and I assumed no one would apply any of the stickers to the props. Better solution would be a sharpie to write a numeral if you wanted to track props, but adding anything of substance will be asking for trouble! It's already a delicate balance... :!:

The instructions: http://www.signsoflife.net/tips--rc-air ... aphics.php

gunslinger said:
:roll: Is this thread still about stickers?

I'd really like to get a few "dji" logo stickers in about the same size as the ones that came with the Phantom. Any thought to making any of those?

Thanks...
-slinger

Got 'em, slinger! (finally) :oops:

http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-case-logo.php

I did these with a clear base to make them a little more versatile... See what you think.

Attachments

• webdjism01.jpg
    webdjism01.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 538
I got a set and love them, quick shipping and great service!
I may have to upgrade to the caution tape, that is neat!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka