Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Controller signal problem with 2.4ghz transmitter FC40

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Jimfreestyle, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Jimfreestyle

Hi everyone. I recently installed a 2.4ghz boscam FPV transmitter on my phantom FC40 I have a 5" screen with a built in 2.4ghz receiver along with a gro pro 3 sending the signal down.. Now to the issue...! I flew it earlier today and my phantom kept going into fail safe mode and I nearly lost control a couple of times with 2 red blinking lights on the led I quickly switched in to ATTI mode and bought her down to safety. Does any one know what the problem would be? I purchased the 2.4ghz transmitter as I know the fc40 controller runs on 5.8ghz so I was trying to prevent things like this. Any help would be amazing. From a not so confident pilot ! ;(

2. IflyinWY

How about an update on your issue. Are you still up the creek without a paddle?

3. Jimfreestyle

Ahhhh yes it's been sorted now. The problem was that I was told on a forum that the FC40 control run at 5.8ghz because the camera that came with it was 2.4ghz but that was not true the controller is also 2.4ghz so I scrapped me 2.4ghz fpv and purchased a 5.8ghz all runs smoothly now. Thanks for the concern my friend :)

4. IflyinWY

I don't think you have a FC40 then.

I have both the FC40 and the P1.

The FC40 runs on 5.8 control. That is a "For sure truism". I run the WiFi on the gopro which is 2.4... All has been well like that for almost a year.

I also have a P1 and the control on that bird is 2.4, so my FPV setup is 5.8.

Take a look on the belly of your bird. Sounds like someone did a control frequency swap, not easy or cheap, but possible. OR you've got a P1. They are virtually the same machine, minus control frequency.

Glad to hear you've got it sorted out... :D
    I'm concerned that you think you got bad info somewhere. I would like to help you sort out which bird you have. My nickle says it's a P1. :)

5. Jimfreestyle

It's had a NAZA v2 in it though and it came with the 2.4ghz camera that you get with the fc40 ... ?

6. Jimfreestyle

I'm really confused now lol.. I purchased it new and it was sold as an FC40 I did get the little camera with it which I never really used as I planned a full FPV set up

7. Jimfreestyle

Any thoughts ?

8. Jimfreestyle

It was this message I was referring to my apologies

9. Jimfreestyle

So I have figured it out, the P1 and FC40 are basically the same drone except the earlier P1's have the NAZA V1 inside.

I have the FC40 but basically DJI paired the wrong controller with it so it's running at 2.4ghz it's not a problem as I've hooked up a 5.8ghz FPV now anyway so no fly always heading my way.

Anyway thanks for the help everyone.

Jim