Controller blinking one white light rapidly while charging.

Reaction score
Phantom 4 controller blinks one white light repeatedly for a few minutes and then shuts off (all LEDs indicators go black) while it's plugged in but it will not charge. charging only controller, never at the same time as the flight battery. Any help would be awesome, thank you.

Phantom 4 controller blinks one white light repeatedly for a few minutes and then shuts off (all LEDs indicators go black) while it's plugged in but it will not charge. charging only controller, never at the same time as the flight battery. Any help would be awesome, thank you.

Hi, are you sure it's not fully charged? The lights go off when it's fully charged, same deal with the battery.

Hi, are you sure it's not fully charged? The lights go off when it's fully charged, same deal with the battery.
yes, I am sure. the LEDs don't light when charging up as they should. I get one blinking white light for 5-15 minutes and then all LED indicators turn off and when I turn the controller on it shows the red light and one white LED, within minutes of being on it begins to give me the low battery warning beep.

Which light is blinking? If it's the first in the 4 on the right that's low. Doe's it stay on long enough to check in GO the % of charge? Can you check the voltage output on your RC charger, it should be about 17.39 volts

Last edited:
Can you check the voltage output on your RC charger plug , it should be about 17.39 volts. Center inside of connector is the +, DC volts. If you have the voltage your charger should be good.(this rules out the charger as the problem)

Last edited:
I just pulled my P3A controller out of the box, turned it on. And it was dead...plugged it in to the charger and I am getting a blinking white light. Already 20 minutes like this? What to do. I haven't even flown yet.
6cfce180b79132abf138720cdd6bf871.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just pulled my P3A controller out of the box, turned it on. And it was dead...plugged it in to the charger and I am getting a blinking white light.
Let it continue to charge. It'll take a few hours.

Did you ever find a solution? Mine is doing the exact same thing.

Any luck getting an answer to this question? My RC also has one light blinking, but will not charge no matter how long it is plugged in. If I charge it while it is on, it beeps as if it needs to be calibrated, no matter how many times I calibrate it. I have tried every update available for both aircraft and RC to no avail. Any help is appreciate, thank you!

Any solution to the "one light blinking, but will not charge no matter how long it is plugged in" problem? thanks!!!!

Any solution to the "one light blinking, but will not charge no matter how long it is plugged in" problem? thanks!!!!

Had to send mine in just a couple days ago. Haven’t heard back yet. There were no suggestions online that worked. Good luck!

I called DJI support today...they advised me to send it in. Said it was an issue with the battery. Mine is just out of warranty.....imagine that. Please keep me advised. Thanks!!

Ive replaced my controller battery and the hdmi port and still having same problem........

Haven't flown for awhile (a few weeks)- went to check things as I've got a flight tomorrow and suddenly the one-light flashing problem. Screen says to charge the battery, but charging does nothing. Just continuous flashing of the leftmost light. :(

Last edited:
Your controller requires a “reflow” of the soldering near the battery connection and recharge connection on the main board.
I had the same issue, watched and followed this YouTube video:

and all is charging and working well. Mine is a P4 controller, no difference with the issue.
Be careful,, no guarantees, but worked for me and many others according to other forums.
Good luck!!

I am having the same problem of the quick blinking left light. I am assuming it has to do with the battery being very low as I haven't charged it for years... I had crashed it and then bought another and then just let it sit on a shelf... It was fine before, but I've heard that when batteries aren't regularly charged to keep a minimum voltage level that it can be harmful to the battery. I'm hoping there is a way to "wake it up" from the deep sleep so it will charge again... figure it's wishful thinking... Ebay shows batteries for sale for about $35.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl