Constant RED flashing and constant BEEPS

Reaction score
Problem with startup. Not happening.
After flying for the past 3 months I decided it was time to get out of Phantom GPS mode and graduate to NAZA.
I'm on a MAC so the software is not as "flexible" as the EXE files (I think) and when I upgraded both the controller and the copter, I almost had a fly-away (caught the rascal by the landing gear as it screamed by my head).
When I realized I better get a bit more experience and went back to revert to the GPS mode, I again went back out and thought I'd be back where I was before the attempted update.
The quad had other ideas. It again acted rather rambunctious and I again brought it back to the MAC for what I thought was simple tweaking. Instead, I have a copter that is not seen by the software and when I start it up it simply flashes its ruby front paws (no back lights at all) and serenades me with a constant "BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BLEEPING FN BEEP" until I shut it down.
Here's the question: is there a way to reset what was a perfectly fine working GPS quad back to wonderfully working GPS mode.
Thanks for any insight or recommendations.

Great! Now when I again attempted to update the firmware on the controller, I got an error message and was told it was a "failure" and to recycle and try again. Now, the controller appears dead (brand new batteries and it was working fine - well at least the power red light was on - 5 minutes ago.
GEEZ!

The red lights and beeping sounds like a failed firmware update. It does that after some (not all IIRC) successful updates before the required power cycle, but if it continues on restart then something is wrong. The Mac Phantom Assistant has all the same functionality as the Windows version as far as I can tell, although I've mostly been using the Windows version recently.

Not sure about the controller issue. Have you tried a different USB cable - that's an often-overlooked cause of problems.

sar104: Thanks for the info. Yes, it was caused when I was attempting to upgrade the firmware and I got the "UPDATE FAILURE" proclamation. Any idea on how I can at least reset it so I can see it with the software?
All I get is the incessant FLASHES AND BEEPS!
Right now I'm cracking open the DJ6 controller to see if I can get that at least to power up. Again, happened during an update sequence. And to think that 24 hours ago before attempting the upgrades I was flying over Washington Crossing (where George Washington crossed from Pennsylvania into New Jersey with his troops to meet the British - actually Hessians - on Christmas Day) I've got to figure out a Plan B!

I only saw an update failure once (the P2 disconnected and then failed to reconnect to the appropriate virtual machine). When I fixed the default connection setting and then cycled the power, it reconnected and updated just fine. If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas. I'm not aware of any hardware reset function.

Did you try swapping USB cables?

SFXD said:
sar104: Thanks for the info. Yes, it was caused when I was attempting to upgrade the firmware and I got the "UPDATE FAILURE" proclamation. Any idea on how I can at least reset it so I can see it with the software?
All I get is the incessant FLASHES AND BEEPS!
Right now I'm cracking open the DJ6 controller to see if I can get that at least to power up. Again, happened during an update sequence. And to think that 24 hours ago before attempting the upgrades I was flying over Washington Crossing (where George Washington crossed from Pennsylvania into New Jersey with his troops to meet the British - actually Hessians - on Christmas Day) I've got to figure out a Plan B!

sar104: 3rd times the charm. I went through the UPGRADE process 3 additional times and it appears the 3rd one did the trick. At least I got the docile "power up" tones instead of the constant red flashes and FN BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP.
Now, I have to wait to get the controller back together and see if THAT can power up again. Don't know how they are related but hopefully, they just may be. (All I have now are flashing YELLOWS, which is because there's no controller powered up - I think)
Thanks so much for your help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl