Considerable gimbal tilt during high speed turns

Reaction score
A couple days ago I was flying over a Marina and noticed some severe horizontal gimbal tilting when making turns at near max speed.
I also noticed similar issues when just hovering even after multiple IMU, compass, and gimbal calibrations. Yes they were on a level surface. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks

A couple days ago I was flying over a Marina and noticed some severe horizontal gimbal tilting when making turns at near max speed.
I also noticed similar issues when just hovering even after multiple IMU, compass, and gimbal calibrations. Yes they were on a level surface. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks
Are you saying your gimble can't tilt severely enough to keep the horizon level or the horizon is severely tilted in your video?

Have you made sure there is nothing obstructing the gimble movement. Have you had a crash? Fitted filters/lens hood that may be outside the limits without counterweighs?

There are limits. It's not unusual for things to get a little off when pushing hard. Smooth video that people will enjoy watching needs smooth piloting. Rapid pans, sharp turn and other harsh manoeuvres are very unappealing to most people.

Are you saying your gimble can't tilt severely enough to keep the horizon level or the horizon is severely tilted in your video?

Have you made sure there is nothing obstructing the gimble movement. Have you had a crash? Fitted filters/lens hood that may be outside the limits without counterweighs?

There are limits. It's not unusual for things to get a little off when pushing hard. Smooth video that people will enjoy watching needs smooth piloting. Rapid pans, sharp turn and other harsh manoeuvres are very unappealing to most people.
I've been doing aerial videography for a couple of years. Never sharp turns, ETC. Everything is stock and the craft is like new. Never even tipped over. Pushing the gimbal limit does sound like it could be the root but seems unlikely as I'm not seeing landing gear in the frame and I'm not tilting the craft severely.

I've been doing aerial videography for a couple of years. Never sharp turns, ETC. Everything is stock and the craft is like new. Never even tipped over. Pushing the gimbal limit does sound like it could be the root but seems unlikely as I'm not seeing landing gear in the frame and I'm not tilting the craft severely.
Ok, so your doing gentle turns at Max speed. Max speed = full available forward pitch so the camera must tilt upwards to maintain the framing. Did you apply yaw only in the turn or where you combining some pitch? The gimble is surprisingly good but it has limits. In my case they seem to be inside the performance capability of the AC.

Tilting and drifting horizons are reported very often. I think there were two threads just this week. Well now three with this one. A search on horizon will probably return more than a hundred posts, but here was my understanding back in October.
Most Annoying P3P Problem - Gimbal horizon not level

Reactions: JoBe
Have you confirmed that your gimbal is still set to 'follow' and not FPV? FPV mode will have the effect of the gimbal 'tilting' as you bank the quad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl