Connecting to drone

Reaction score
How come my Galaxy Tab 4 can connect but my Galaxy S6 Edge plus can't it downloaded the app and updated but won't connect to drone need help please I appreciate it

I power the remote on then I power the drone on and then I open the app and it doesn't so anything it stays the spark page

That start page allows one to select the aircraft you wish to fly. It sounds, from your very brief description of your question (we still don’t know what aircraft you have) if it’s not a Spark, select the correct aircraft - for most of us that’s a swipe action on the tablet/phone if it’s different for you, do what ever you normally do to select..

That start page allows one to select the aircraft you wish to fly. It sounds, from your very brief description of your question (we still don’t know what aircraft you have) if it’s not a Spark, select the correct aircraft - for most of us that’s a swipe action on the tablet/phone if it’s different for you, do what ever you normally do to select..
I do I select phantom 4 that's what I have andit won't connect it just says disconnected

Ok I’m an IOS user not android, so hopefully someone can help you with that. As I understand you, everything works fine if you use Galaxy tab 4, but if you replace the Galaxy with Galaxy 6 edge, the Galaxy 6 app does not connect to the Remote Controller (same cable used). Is this correct?

(Notice the drone connection is NOT mentioned in my question - deliberate, I’m trying to help you isolate problem).

Ok I’m an IOS user not android, so hopefully someone can help you with that. As I understand you, everything works fine if you use Galaxy tab 4, but if you replace the Galaxy with Galaxy 6 edge, the Galaxy 6 app does not connect to the Remote Controller (same cable used). Is this correct?

(Notice the drone connection is NOT mentioned in my question - deliberate, I’m trying to help you isolate problem).
When I open the app it will not connect to the drone it says disconnected

Not sure if this is sorted yet?
- The app does not connect to the drone, the app connects to the RC (which can happen even if p4 is turned off).
- The RC will connect to P4, (indicated by a green light on the RC) even if App and display are turned off.
i think you said app on device works, (connects to RC as I said earlier) but on another device the same (?) app does not connect, is this correct?

Disconnect you cable then reconnect after you've opened the app, mine won't find my drone till I do this, if that doesn't work then delete everything that you don't need, mine stopped connecting for no apparent reason and it wasn't till I did a factory reset on my tablet I realized there wasn't enough capacity to run all the background apps as well so it just wouldn't connect. it works perfectly now other than the cable thing

You don't say if you've had this problem before, so it could be one of several things. I'm assuming that you've linked the controller to the drone and the controller light is green. I'm assuming you have a USB cable connected between the controller and your phone/tablet, and I'm also assuming that the USB cable is designed for data transfer and not just for power, and that your USB port is set up for media transfer. If the answer to those questions is "yes", then that situation occasionally happens to me if I don't power things up in sequence correctly. I had the same problem yesterday. I think I opened the Go4 app after I powered up the controller and the Phantom. Could not get it to connect. The app was stuck on the "Spark" screen and showed "disconnected". I powered down the drone, waited a few seconds, then powered up the drone again. The app immediately showed connected, it automatically selected the P4, and said "Go fly". Try that and let us know if it works.

I think I opened the Go4 app after I powered up the controller and the Phantom. Could not get it to connect. The app was stuck on the "Spark" screen and showed "disconnected". I powered down the drone, waited a few seconds, then powered up the drone again. The app immediately showed connected, it automatically selected the P4, and said "Go fly". Try that and let us know if it works.

OK, just for the record, I screwed up with the directions I provided above. The controller and the app have to be activated BEFORE powering up the Phantom. I discovered my mistake today. My apologies for any resulting confusion. But, since nobody caught it, let's just forget we had this conversation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72