Compass Stuck? P3S

Reaction score
Did my maiden flight the other day and i've had a few issues...

Some errors pop up relating to the compass.

Video sketchy

Furthest I went was to my beginner limit of 90' so shouldn't experience issues.

Before flight I calibrates IMUs and compass.

Reading around the P3S are not so great as the P3P or P3A.

Really wishing I'd saved and spent on a pro now :-(

Reactions: Andrew Wright
Did my maiden flight the other day and i've had a few issues...

Some errors pop up relating to the compass.

Video sketchy

Furthest I went was to my beginner limit of 90' so shouldn't experience issues.

Before flight I calibrates IMUs and compass.

Reading around the P3S are not so great as the P3P or P3A.

Really wishing I'd saved and spent on a pro now :-(

What kind of area are you flying in? Perhaps a neighborhood or other populated area?

In the middle of our cricket field and went up not out so wouldn't have expected interference. Surrounded by fields/woods in general also.

I remember getting this message every so often when I first got my p3s. It would happen maybe 1 out of 10 times on take off. It would ground the phantom and prevent the motors from starting but they would start on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Or I would just restart the go app and it would disappear. Never caused any problems. Make sure you have a good compass calibration and are not exposing your phantom to ferrous metals/ surfaces.

I also believe and have read elsewhere the last firmware update took care of this issue for me and others. So maybe it's just a software issue. But I also shortly after switched to litchi and haven't looked back at go (for flying) since.

Don't doubt your p3s just yet! I know for fact this issue has been seen on the pro and advanced too. I was also getting these messages and fly mine out 2 miles almost everyday! A good clean compass calibration took care of a lot of the "problems" I had when I first started. Sounds like you are okay but I was recalibrating my compass every flight in noisy areas. Not good.

Last edited:
@Nerak_Girl_UK
Check out this thread. ;)
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

@805hd
"I also believe and have read elsewhere the last firmware update took care of this issue for me and others. So maybe it's just a software issue. But I also shortly after switched to litchi and haven't looked back at go (for flying) since."
Are you talking about compass or "Strong Interference"

Rod

@Nerak_Girl_UK
"Video sketchy"

Live video?
Video that you downloaded from the SD card?

Rod

@Nerak_Girl_UK
Check out this thread. ;)
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

@805hd
"I also believe and have read elsewhere the last firmware update took care of this issue for me and others. So maybe it's just a software issue. But I also shortly after switched to litchi and haven't looked back at go (for flying) since."
Are you talking about compass or "Strong Interference"

Rod

For me the compass stuck warning seemed to have completely disappeared and the interference warning way less active then before the update. But like I said, I did switch over to litchi shortly after updating.

Video sketchy

Furthest I went was to my beginner limit of 90'
Area plays a big role. If you have any wifi networks around you, signal will be degraded.
Don't put any trees or bushes between you and the quad or signal will drop.
Make sure you are pointing the controller at the quad for best signal, the surface of the antenna should face towards the quad, not the tip.
It's possible you just got unlucky and picked one with signal problems, in a completely empty field, mine reached 1000m and 2000+m after a cheap upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen