Compass replacement instructions?

Reaction score
Hi... have,my p3p for two weeks and drilled hole through the compass trying to attach a support to the leg! Ugh! I ordered new compass but not sure how to install with minimal components parts removal? Love the phantom.. can't wait to get back in the air!

You're going to have to open your shell in order to plug in the compass ribbon cable. The following complete tear-down should help:

Reactions: Mike Alexer
Thanks very much! And I am really doing lots of research on these... so really ticked me off with my eager stupidity!

Thanks very much! And I am really doing lots of research on these... so really ticked me off with my eager stupidity!
You aren't the first-- had mine 3 days -- got it early-- back in May and destroyed a motor putting on prop guards the first week I had it. Probably happens to everyone at one time or another. Had to pull the shell apart and replace the motor before anyone ever posted a video on taking the shell apart tried 2 days trying to get it apart before I found out DJI put those annoying little plastic clips hold the thing together. o_Oo_O

So I did my p3p compass replacement surgery today! I also learned a lot about the design of the quad; not that I recommend disassembly for a fun
Sunday activity. I also learned to watch where wires are and how careful one has to be when tightening the screws. Seating a screw "firming" in plastic does not equal the same force as replacing a motor mount on a '71 Chevelle!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl