Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Compass replacement instructions?

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Zelda 1, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Zelda 1

Hi... have,my p3p for two weeks and drilled hole through the compass trying to attach a support to the leg! Ugh! I ordered new compass but not sure how to install with minimal components parts removal? Love the phantom.. can't wait to get back in the air!

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

You're going to have to open your shell in order to plug in the compass ribbon cable. The following complete tear-down should help:

Mike Alexer likes this.
  3. Zelda 1

Thanks very much! And I am really doing lots of research on these... so really ticked me off with my eager stupidity!

4. bobmyers

You aren't the first-- had mine 3 days -- got it early-- back in May and destroyed a motor putting on prop guards the first week I had it. Probably happens to everyone at one time or another. Had to pull the shell apart and replace the motor before anyone ever posted a video on taking the shell apart tried 2 days trying to get it apart before I found out DJI put those annoying little plastic clips hold the thing together. o_Oo_O

5. Zelda 1

Wow.. where can I buy these extremely small hex and star screw drivers?

6. Zelda 1

So I did my p3p compass replacement surgery today! I also learned a lot about the design of the quad; not that I recommend disassembly for a fun
    Sunday activity. I also learned to watch where wires are and how careful one has to be when tightening the screws. Seating a screw "firming" in plastic does not equal the same force as replacing a motor mount on a '71 Chevelle!!!

7. Flanker

Hi,
    What sort of glue did you use when installing the new compass?

8. tylerwalts