Compass matinance needed and 2 red blinking lights

Reaction score
Went to fly the other day and the DJI app displayed a message that said compass matinance needed then compass calibration. I calibrated the compass 2 times got the green lights to flash. Then it would go right back to red blinking lights. Was linked to 8 satilights also. Anyone else have this problem?

Hook it up to your laptop and see what the compass mods are, ideally they should be between 1200-1800.
Try a basic and advanced calibration in the assistant software then calibrate in the field and try a test flight no more than 15ft in the air just in case.

The other day I turned on the Phantom2Vision to change the camera setting. I got a warning to calibrate the compass on my app. I had never seen that before. The last flight was perfect. After thinking about it later I realized I have the Phantom sitting on a speaker cabinet. I believe the speaker magnets likely affected it. I will of course re-calibrate before the next flight.

Geo

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Hook it up to your laptop and see what the compass mods are, ideally they should be between 1200-1800.
Try a basic and advanced calibration in the assistant software then calibrate in the field and try a test flight no more than 15ft in the air just in case.

I will give that a shot. Also lately i have been getting the calibrate compass message almost every time i conect to the phantom with the app. wonder if my compass is on the way out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga