Compass calibration

Reaction score
Phantom 4 pro plus help:

I get an error message in the upper left, "Compass Error. Move aircraft or calibrate compass" on my monitor. When I go to compass calibration, compass 1 reads "disconnected" and compass 2 read out is excellent. I go thru the compass calibration and a pop up says compass calibrated but the error message remains on the monitor and compass 1 still says"disconnected" Does my drone need repairs or is there a way to connect compass1 for calibration? I assume both compasses should be calibrated, not just compass 2.

Tried DJI tech support and the tech was useless. He asked me twice what model I had and all his answers were incomplete. Totally flustered.

If your launching near metal or concrete (that has metal inside) then that will be the issue. Make sure your away from anything like that and it might be worth recalibrating the compass and IMU

I get an error message in the upper left, "Compass Error. Move aircraft or calibrate compass" on my monitor. When I go to compass calibration, compass 1 reads "disconnected" and compass 2 read out is excellent. I go thru the compass calibration and a pop up says compass calibrated but the error message remains on the monitor and compass 1 still says"disconnected" Does my drone need repairs or is there a way to connect compass1 for calibration?
Compass disconnected is a hardware problem and won't be fixed by calibration.

Compass disconnected is a hardware problem and won't be fixed by calibration.
Thank you. I was far enough away from any structures when I tried to calibrate the compass. I finally got another dji tech support person on chat and he said to send the unit in for repair, which I have done. It looks like a problem with compass 1 working.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT