Compass calibration

Reaction score
Just took my new p4 out calibrated the compass as the instructions said but there is still a option next to compass saying "calibrate" is this normal? Just wondering if I have done this correctly.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Normal, don't worry about it. To check the compass calibration is good (when everything is connected) go to settings -> drone icon -> advanced -> sensors. No need to touch the compass again unless the GO app tells you too.

Reactions: N017RW
Just took my new p4 out calibrated the compass as the instructions said but there is still a option next to compass saying "calibrate" is this normal? Just wondering if I have done this correctly.

Thanks

If you get the message to calibrate the compass, try relocating to another site to fly. If there is magnetic interference in the ground causing the warning message and you recal to that interference you'll get the all clear to fly, but as soon as you lift off and get away from the interference the compass will loose its calibration and cause the P4 to fly out of control.

You don't have to calibrate unless the app tells you to. Your flight status will say compass error. It will also say error beside the "calibrate" tab. Just a side note. I have flown with compass error with no detrimental effects. I'm not sure what happened to roadstar1700. I've heard from different posts on here that as long as you have good sat signal the compass really has no affect on flying. All telemetry still works. Only thing I did notice was my position on the map was a little wonky. Just my experience but I'm relatively new ,I have 40 flights in now. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart