Commercial flights in Illinois?

Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked before but i couldnt find anything so if there is already a thread please send the link.

I was curious about the FAA rules on commercial flights in the united states. More specifically Illinois if anyone knows.

A real estate agent wants to use me for some aerial shots of houses but he was concerned about the legality issues and just wanted to make sure this isnt against the law. Anyone know anything about this? I heard the FAA tried to fine someone but it was thrown out of court. The whole law thing regarding this is very vague here.

Not sure where you have been for the past few years, but you won't have to look far (Bing/Google) to find the answer, beginning with the FAA's own web site, National Association of Realtors, AMA, AUVIS, RPACA, etc. The official answer is "No" but you will see some argument, especially from attorneys, but personally I would recommend that you lay low for a while longer and keep practicing your flying.

Go for it.
www.dronelawjournal.com
This is written by the same guy who challenged the FAA in court and won.
He even took his own videos with his bird and offered the video to the FAA for $1.00.
IOW, challenging them to strike. Maybe he should have offered the video for $1,000.
If the real estate agent still has questions, contact the guy through his website.
I did and he quickly answered a question of mine.

Suwaneeguy said:
Go for it.
http://www.dronelawjournal.com
This is written by the same guy who challenged the FAA in court and won.
He even took his own videos with his bird and offered the video to the FAA for $1.00.
IOW, challenging them to strike. Maybe he should have offered the video for $1,000.
If the real estate agent still has questions, contact the guy through his website.
I did and he quickly answered a question of mine.

Perfect thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl