Commercial drone registration

Reaction score
I have a small fleet of drones P3std, P3pro and a P4. I plan on doing commercial work with all three.
Now do I need my Part 107 certificate before I register them with FAA or does it matter. Which should come first.

You need FAA Part 107 license first

That's not true bud.

@34 OLYGUY first off WELCOME to the forum. It makes NO difference in which order you do this. Go ahead and register EACH of them now and then get your P107 if that works out for you.

You can have Commercially Registered aircraft and no Part 107 (think of a company that owns several but they HIRE the RPIC). Commercial Registration does not require/stipulate you have to have P107 in hand before registering for obvious reasons.

The only thing that matters is that BOTH routes are completed before flying for anything other than Hobby/Recreation.

That's not true bud.

@34 OLYGUY first off WELCOME to the forum. It makes NO difference in which order you do this. Go ahead and register EACH of them now and then get your P107 if that works out for you.

You can have Commercially Registered aircraft and no Part 107 (think of a company that owns several but they HIRE the RPIC). Commercial Registration does not require/stipulate you have to have P107 in hand before registering for obvious reasons.

The only thing that matters is that BOTH routes are completed before flying for anything other than Hobby/Recreation.
Thanks BigAl07 for correction makes perfect sense was thinking of an individual starting out and thought having your Part 107 would be first step

Reactions: Loz and BigAl07
Thanks BigAl07 for correction makes perfect sense was thinking of an individual starting out and thought having your Part 107 would be first step

My pleasure. I can see where that logic comes from.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn