Codec

Reaction score
I am new to the drone world. When I try to play the video from the sd card on my computer it tell me I dont have the right codec. Trying to figure out what to do. I notice that the video format from the drone was in MOV mode, what I have read I feel like changing to MP4 mode might help in the future. If i watch the video from my Iphone it works great, but try to play on computer with Quick time it is very jumpy.
Any suggestions on this will be greatfull.
Also if I convert those to MOV to MP4 will it allow media player to play them?

MOV and MP4 have the same codec H264, they have different envelopes for mac or PC. Try VLC player it's a free download and it can play both types on my PC. VLC can also convert MOV to MP4 it's fast as it does not have to recode.

Reactions: james54
If you are on Windows computer you should find and install the free K-Lite Codec Pack (Standard) - this will install all the codec and media player software you will need, no need to convert video, although MP4 is what I record in.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: james54
My files work fine on Windows as I have the Codec Pack, but on the iMac it's a pain, I have to rename every MOV file to .mp4 then it works with Premier.

It's a pain but haven't really looked into workarounds.

I need to use the files on both platforms so I guess I'm stuck with having to do some sort of manual intervention.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen