Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cirque du Soleil and quadcopters

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by derrickduff, Sep 23, 2014.

1. derrickduff

2. Suwaneeguy

I can just see flying lampshades making flying more interesting.
    I noticed the birds were mostly phantoms. Not his usual crew of special quads.
    The guy behind this, has his own indoor gps system with cameras and a computer that keeps track.

3. derrickduff

This is not a video taken from a quad. It's a video about quads and art, as well as a making of video. I think it's more applicable to the general discussion forum. But thanks for policing Geert!

4. derrickduff

They were using phantoms when they were testing ideas for this. The final video is all of the special coordinated quads. There is a good view of all the quads at 3:08.

5. mediaguru

Where's the FAA!?!!?! This is dangerous, flying over a person like that. And obviously this is a commercial application. CALL THE DRONE POLICE NOW!

6. derrickduff

The absurdity is that it is completely legal indoors. They could do this in front of 10,000 people and there wouldn't be any issue if it was under a roof. Try the same thing in an outdoor venue and the FAA will be shut it down. This happened last weekend when the University of Michigan tried to deliver the game ball via drone. The FAA said no way.

They would be equally liable if there was an accident indoors or outdoors so I don't understand why there is a difference.

7. Suwaneeguy

By all means call the cops!
    1-800-FAA-ESAD
    Or BR549!

8. q8f1

Impressive.