Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Circle a Tower, Point camera at Tower

Discussion in 'DJI Ground Station' started by webstereo, Jun 6, 2015.

1. webstereo

It seems that the 3DR Solo can do this. Can ground station do it yet? When I had my P2V+ it couldn't.

2. Buk

Buk

The iPad GS cannot. DJI seems too preoccupied to improve the ground station application. Their attention seems focused on the Phantom 3, which also does not have point-of-interest.

3. BZMac

I do not have it, but I've seen a specific app for circling (I'd like to use it for all the lighthouses where I live. Haven't got it yet, but plan to. In the mean time I wanted to experiment with setting homelock at the base, send it away, and circle in that manner. Also, setting 4 ways points with a dynamic turn could be an option. Let me be clear that, I'm still in the learning process as well, but these could work.

4. JG Montana

My blue tooth connection never worked to hook up with my iPad. I sent it back in early May. I still haven't gotten my Phantom back. I think the real solution is to sell our Phantoms and buy a 3DR or Tayzu. Documentation and service sucks from DJI. Help in non existent. The best help is from other people like in this room.