Cinematic Trailer Using Phantom

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just made a cinematic (movie-styled) Phantom Teaser for my upcoming montage film. I really wanted to push the envelope and create something immersive. If you are into soft and classical music with nice tranquil visuals then this clip is not for you! Its a short 2 min teaser but alot of time was spent on it. Listen on quality speakers (did alot of sound editing) and watch in HD. It's dramatic but Enjoy!!
http://youtu.be/33QfLW05VW8

Very nice, great footage and slick editing...I like it :)

I think you might have even gotten more mileage out of the footage if you leaned on that more in place of some of the high-speed effects/cuts, but that's nit-picking. You did a great job of taking simple basic shots and crafting them in to something compelling.

Like it. Of your "flying backwards" shots, what % were: (1) flown forward and reversed in post; (2) flow backward with a separate FPV cam to avoid hitting something; (3) flown backward "FPV-blind"?

Kelly

mr.goodkat said:
very nice editing and shooting

two thumbs up

Great job, nice footage, nice edit, nice grading, Effects and After effects! Great result! very inspirational!
Man I think it's the best stuff I've ever seen so far from a Phantom. All thumbs up! :)

Very nice mate, loving the semi-seamless transitions and post-production effects. Think this kind of thing will need to be next on my list of 'things to learn'.

How long did creating that trailer take in post-production (roughly)?

Even short videos with absolutely no effects like that take (me) many, many hours in editing to get to the point of being ready to upload, so I imagine that has taken a good amount of time to finish.

DUDE that was awesome. I can tell a lot of these shots were filmed in San Antonio. Do you live down here?

I wished you would change the setting on your hosting site as it will not let it play on mobile devices and I really want to see it.

Wow thanks for the feedback everybody. Also really cool that we have some Texas natives on this thread too :D

To address some questions.....First off, the reverse backward trick is one of my favorite techniques, it looks flawless when done right however the only time I used it in the video was the skatepark scene.

This project took me around 1.5 weeks to edit, most of the time was wrapped up in rendering times which was a real pain (alot of 3rd party plugins can really eat up my system).

Many of the shots were done in San Antonio, one in Austin, and a couple in College Station as well as Rockport.

I used Premiere Pro and After Effects entirely also.

Glad you guys enjoyed it, really worked hard on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl