Cheapest setup for sony/Panasonic

Reaction score
Hi . What's the cheapest setup for getting a Sony/ Panasonic such as the nex /gh3 in the air with a livefeed to your phone/tablet . I was looking at the Align class of larger drones . The M480L and M690L seem worthy of a mention. They were built to be compatible with the Zenmuse z15 gimbal .

If you mean the Panasonic GH4, you're looking at an S900 or S1000 with a Z15 gimbal. S900 is about $3,800 for an RTF frame and gimbal using the A2 FC.

I haven't heard of the Align drones before now, but the M480L looks like it could handle the Nex, while the M690L looks okay for larger cameras.
So aside from the copter and the gimbal, you'd also need a video-out adapter for the camera and an FPV setup.
Most FPV setups provide a video signal to view on a small LCD monitor, though if you look around enough, you can find ones that work with a phone/tablet.
You'd probably get better results with a dedicated system. Otherwise, you'll have to look in to setting up a wifi range extender.

Money wise what would a fully loaded s900 with gimbal and a video link cost including spare battery and controller ? This seems to be the next step above what we have, photo quality wise anyway .

How about Sony QX1, it's way cheaper than GoPro hero 4 and way better image quality as it carries a huge DSLR sensor in it. It's light too (158g) lighter than the lightest NEX camera or way lighter than GH4 and i think any cheap 3 axis gimbal made for gopro/nex from china could be able to hold it.

BkgusJb.png

The camera uses 2.4Ghz wifi, not sure this will interfere with transmitter 2.4Ghz, i think 5.8Ghz transmitter will be just fine.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30546

Wow I never heard of that camera before . If it has a Dslr size sensor then the pictures should be up to par and even better than gh4 and other similar camera's. Im going to investigate this :) Thanks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3