Cheap ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 3S 25C

Reaction score
Hi Guys just bought the fc40 and having fun flying, I need some extra batteries so bought these from hobbyking.com

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

Bought 3 off these are they any good.

Cost £7.31 but if you hang around on that page it drops the price to £6.79 P+P for Royal mail 48 £3.90.

So got charged £24.29 in total

Oh bye the way just joined the forum and enjoying reading all the fc40 subjects.

Cheers Baz

I have a couple myself, they aren't bad although don't quite have the flight time of the OEM DJI battery, but for price you can't beat them..

bharat2 said:
Hi Guys just bought the fc40 and having fun flying, I need some extra batteries so bought these from hobbyking.com

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

Bought 3 off these are they any good.

Cost £7.31 but if you hang around on that page it drops the price to £6.79 P+P for Royal mail 48 £3.90.

So got charged £24.29 in total

Oh bye the way just joined the forum and enjoying reading all the fc40 subjects.

Cheers Baz

I don't have any of the compacts, but I have several Zippy lipos for both my Phantom, and my RC cars, and they perform great for the cost.

I have two of these, and I'm not a fan. They're by far my worst performing 2200s. I've found the capacity to be lower than the stock DJI and standard size Turnigys, and the discharge rate doesn't live up to the 25C advertised. All my batteries are doubled up into 3S2P packs and the Zippy Compact runs shorter and sags more than even my 10C packs.

They are really cheap, but IMO the bang for the buck on the Phantom is going with larger 2700-2800mah packs and not going to smaller 2200s.

Yeah my experience with these batteries isn't good either. One puffed up after only a few flights and the other struggles to give out any heavy performance without the phantom flashing the red battery low light. Its ok if I pull back on the throttle but that's pointless.
From my experience the best Lipos are the stock from Phantom

FC40 Pilot said:
Yeah my experience with these batteries isn't good either. One puffed up after only a few flights and the other struggles to give out any heavy performance without the phantom flashing the red battery low light. Its ok if I pull back on the throttle but that's pointless.
From my experience the best Lipos are the stock from Phantom

I'm preaching to the choir but from my experience I fully agree with the above. For 2200s, it's really hard to beat the stock DJIs, which are very good performers, and are unparalleled in terms of build quality (not many care for this, but it's at testament to attention to detail and quality control in manufacturing). For larger batteries that fit the bay without modification, I really like the Maddog 2700s (though I know there are more brands of hi-cap batteries available nowadays).

Hi guys thanks for the reply's I thought its too good to be true 3 batteries for 25 quid but spent a few quid on bits so far so I will give these ago and see how they compare to the stock battery.

Cheers Baz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl