Cheap gimbals.

Reaction score
Ok so I've seen a few cheap gimbals on EBay and I nee to know do I have to buy one with its controller on the gimbal. Surely I can just connect the two cables that control the motors to the Naza and buy one without its own dedicated controller couldn't I?

The Gimbal controller board is what tells the motors what they need to be doing. There's no connection between that board and your Phantom except for power and perhaps the tilt control if you have a 7th channel. I think the Zenmuse system works off the NAZA M but don't know if you can retrofit a generic gimbal to work with it.

Ok thanks. I was thinking of buying a gimbal and plugging it straight into the naza. Ill spring the extra for one with a control board.

I was under the impressions you could just plug straight into the Naza.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 567
Ozzyguy said:
Ok so I've seen a few cheap gimbals on EBay and I nee to know do I have to buy one with its controller on the gimbal. Surely I can just connect the two cables that control the motors to the Naza and buy one without its own dedicated controller couldn't I?

This is the one I purchased...I am really liking it...smooth videos and pitch control works! Also these guys were very helpful when I messed with the firmware and screwed it up! They sent me over the debugged parameters and had the gimbal working again in no time at all!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assembled-RTF-G ... RTM1562570

Hope this helps!

Thank you but what I actually want to know is do I need to buy a control board with the gimbal. I want to save weight buy not using one and plugging pitch and roll into the Naza. Surely the gyro within the Naza is sufficient.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart