cheap gimbal $40

Reaction score
my gimbal shakes a little not only in flight but also when it's also stationary on the table with lipo connected but phantom not armed, is this normal for this Chinese $40 gimbal or is there a way using the assistant to stop it.
it's a 2 axis gimbal not a 3 axis and it's only moving on pitch, roll is ok

I knew that when I bought this gimbal it would be no match for the top dog ones but I just wanted one for this year until I get my next phantom with gimbal attached

I'm just about to put another clip on you tube showing more

Last edited:
Buy cheap buy twice.. or three or 4 times :)
I went through so many cheap gimbals on my first Phantom, I'd recommend splashing out on a Tarot or a Fieyu Tech.
You will notice the difference!

your telling me what I already know but the reason I'm not going to get a 2nd gimbal is because I'm getting a P3A soonest so don't want to waste any more dosh!!
I'll just carry on with what I've got for now until I get my P3A.
I just wondered if anybody had found a way to adjust the gimbal in the assistant other than up or down
thanks for your reply

Last edited:
Might be the balance. Does it sit properly with no power?

Reactions: IflyinWY
For a $40 gimbal that looks pretty good.
Just use stabilization software to process the video and you're good :)

thanks Sherpa for your suggestion but I'd already thought of that and tried different positions with no joy.
thanks anyway
ray

For a $40 gimbal that looks pretty good.
Just use stabilization software to process the video and you're good :)

if you wait a while I'm uploading a bigger video onto you tube, will be quite a while as my connection is dead slow, I'll put a link back on here when it's ready then you can comment again please,
what stabilization program do you suggest? I don't really like what youtube do when they stabilize videos please reply after you've seen the full video,
thank
rays

Hi Monte55
when it's just sitting with the lipo connected it doesn't vibrate but in the short video you can see how much movement there is, it's not a lot but dam annoying, when there's no power on, the camera just sits in the correct position so I recon it's just the way this cheap gimbal is.
thanks for your input

[Quote ="teccer, post: 468881, member: 28347"]Hi Monte55
when it's just sitting with the lipo connected it doesn't vibrate but in the short video you can see how much movement there is, it's not a lot but dam annoying, when there's no power on, the camera just sits in the correct position so I recon it's just the way this cheap gimbal is.
thanks for your input[/QUOTE]
I dont get it. Earlier you said it jittered when sitting still. Try this. Without rotors moving pick up quad and and mimic flying with gentle moves and see if you still have the problem. Are there gain adjustments on the gimble? I have the Walkera G2D plastic gimble. It's about $75. I got the plastic over metal cause its a lot lighter. It's not perfect but does a good job. I haven't made any adjustments on it
yet. Well worth $75. Once in a while I will get a small sideways gitter but only when flying. It could be the wind or the props I have not balanced. The jitter may only last a second or so.

Hi Monte55
no gains adjustment on gimbal, not only does it jitter sitting still but also when flying, I pointed out the sitting still bit in case anybody thought it was vibration from the quad, as soon as my video is loaded onto you tube you'll be able to see what I mean, it's got another 1 hour to load, I told you we live out in the sticks and our internet is so slow believe me:mad:

I have the Gopro white camera on my Walkera gimbal. It worked and was steady but while sitting still if I touched the camera lightly it might start to fight the pressure and jitter trying to right itself. I checked the balance of gimble without power and I had to add some weight to battery side of gopro to balance it. A gimbal in level position should not have to fight to stay level....only when quad is moving when flying. It could be on the verge of trying to stay level and fighting causing jitters. Static balance is very important

ok I'll check the balance again and let you know but in the meantime have a look at this and see what you think.

edit: now it's been stabilized by you tube, the turns aren't as smooth as the original video it seems to flick on the turns but forwards flight is perfect

Last edited:
It's hard to tell. When you're flying I can't tell what might be gimbal issues or your control with yaw imputs. But spending only $40 I think you are good. I am amazed at some of the video I have seen with the P3.

I agree with you about the P3 thats why I'm looking to buy one, so I'll carry with this one until I get one. So thanks All for your inputs

Cool video. I liked the end. I could almost hear her saying "**** it man put your glasses on, it's right there". LOL Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with the gimbal that I could see. It rolls a bit left while the bird turns right and rolls right while turning left. That's the sign of a cheap gimbal, as far as I know.

I think the gimbal did a great job. The jitters you see while yawing are because you're yawing too fast, or shooting to few FPS, or the crappy job youtube does. That isn't the gimbal though.

On the floor it was jittering because of being out of balance, like Monte55 said, or the wires were touching the floor or bound somewhere.

I'm impressed with the gimbal. Link please, maybe I'll get one. :D

Last edited:
Yes, there IS software to adjust these cheap gimbals every which way!
It looks like you have a gimbal gain problem. If the gain is too high, it will shake, and if too low it will bounce around.
These gimbals have TONS of settings. Notice the USB connector? That is where you connect your computer.
Mine was "jittery" until I adjusted the PID values with the software... real neat!
I don't have the money for a high end gimbal, so i opted for one of these and am very happy with it.
just look for simpleBGC.
My gimbal is a GLB ver 3.1 and the software is Basecam SimpleGBC v. 2.40 b7
One thing you must NOT do is update the gimbal firmware though!!!! You will brick it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl