Charging

Reaction score
Just a quick question, please can you tell me how long roughly it takes to charge the pv2+v3 and the rc unit, as mine is still in the box until Xmas :cry: , I'm just trying to get my head around a few things beforehand being a newy to all this. I just can't thank everybody enough for all the info you guys put on here :) many thanks in advance.

Plan for 1.5 - 2 hours. It really depends on how discharged the batteries are though.

The range extender is probably the slowest maybe 4 hours, but you aren't obliged to charge it 100% before testing.
Do beware of the 'classic' impatient backyard crash in less than ideal conditions on first flight.
First flight you want little or no wind and a good open space - with nothing to hit - or reduce GPS reception anywhere nearby

Man, I don't think I could wait til Christmas. While you have the time, If you have not seen the manual, I would download it & read it a few times.

4wd said:
The range extender is probably the slowest maybe 4 hours, but you aren't obliged to charge it 100% before testing.

Yeah just ignore the big warning label on it :lol: , i charged mine for about an hour, whilst i waited for the main battery to charge.but like Larry says read the manual before hand or you risk it going wrong

Don't even THINK of taking off until you see the second set of rapid green flashes. The first acknowledges that the craft knows which direction that it is facing in, the second that home point has been recorded. Wait until you can see 6 satellites - the app indicator will turn blue and the second set of rapid greens will occur shortly after that. Then gun the throttle until it gets up to about 10', let it hover hands free and slowly check all the inputs. Then - happy flying!

:) Many thanks for all the replies, off to download the manual and get some of that into the grey matter :geek:

And, don't forget to factor in the amount of alcohol consumed on Christmas Eve, coupled with, the effect of "time from last drink" devaluation...... Calculate!

If you can't calculate.... Don't Fly.

That's me stuffed, looks like I'll be keeping my feet on the ground for the foreseeable future.... :shock:

Hey, that was a really important point from happydays about gunning the throttle until you get up to about 10'. If you take off timidly, there is a greater risk of tip-over.

Rick

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl