Change Photo File Name

Reaction score
Sorry if issue posted before, search showed no results. New Phantom 3 P, new to flying. How can I change the file save name when stored on the micro SD card. When I take the card out and save the photos, go out again and the file name starts with "DJI_0001" again. Issue is trying to save the files on my computer when there is a duplicate file name from the last flight. Would work if I left the old files on the SD card...don't want to. Thanks for any advice.

What I do is once the photos download on pc. I highlight all photos by selecting the 1st and hold shift and click on the last photo. Then right click and select rename. I put the date and click off. This will name all photos with the date and number after. Like. 6-24-17 (1). 6-24-17 (2). Works great and super fast. Then next download no issues.

Sorry if issue posted before, search showed no results. New Phantom 3 P, new to flying. How can I change the file save name when stored on the micro SD card. When I take the card out and save the photos, go out again and the file name starts with "DJI_0001" again. Issue is trying to save the files on my computer when there is a duplicate file name from the last flight. Would work if I left the old files on the SD card...don't want to. Thanks for any advice.
Search through the app settings (with your Phantom connected) and you'll find a setting for File Index Mode.
It has two options - the default is Reset.
Change that to Continuous and your image and video files will keep numbering up to 999 before starting again at 001.
I copy my images to the computer in a folder named with the date and subject or location. That way, I'm not ever copying files with the same filenames to the same folder.

I have a separate folder on my desktop I then drag and drop ALL info from both the drone and SD card from each flight and save under the date of the flight in a sub folder .

Reactions: Omokjoe
I have a separate folder on my desktop I then drag and drop ALL info from both the drone and SD card from each flight and save under the date of the flight in a sub folder .

Same here.

I add a location or other reference to the date.

Example: WinfieldMo 061517

Winfield Missouri June 15 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan