Central Ohio

Soooooooooo, i guess nobody has any good places to legally fly around central ohio?

Good luck finding any place. I'm from Cincinnati and they have the skies locked down around here! I consider myself luck though because my brother owns 20 acres out in Adams county Ohio where the skies the limit out there. It's a great place to take my p3s and p3a and take shots going over all the corn and soy bean fields. Hope you find somewhere where they won't run you off or threaten to call the law on you. It's insane down here! They act as if drone flyers are child molesters or rapist around Cincy! Try to get to the open country if you can there's nothing like it. Exspeciallly with vr's on.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm in the Delaware, Ohio area. Have a Mavic and P3A.
Does anyone know of someone that does work on drones? I have a friend that wants to buy my P3 and I would like someone to look it over.

I am from the Bowling Green, OH area, but I have been to Delaware State Park, and have flown my P3P there. AFAIK, Ohio State Parks do not have a no-drone policy (I have flown at other parks, too). As always, avoid crowds, etc. I went to the boat launch area at the south end of the park and flew out over the lake. Few people were around, but I did talk to one guy there who thought my aircraft was totally awesome. I wanted to fly around by the dam, but could not find anyone at the Army Corps of Engineers office to ask, and I did not want to take any chances. There is an AMA airfield nearby, but its a members-only place.

There are some great places to fly out by Hoover Reservoir. I go out there all the time weather permitting!

Wolf Run State park might be a bit of a hike for even central Ohio residents but it's small, nestled and beautiful. The lake has a few nice inlets and the water is always like a mirror at daybreak with a layer of fog; especially gorgeous in the fall. We always camp off season and usually have the place almost all to our selves.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm in Dayton area. Would enjoy connecting up and meeting with some quad folks.
Check out the Dayton Drone Flyers on meet up. And the FlightvClub: Southwest Ohio on Facebook. I'm in Springfield and often fly at the Eagle City Soccer field on the north side.

Reactions: Nickster
Hi Chris, I live in Fairfield Twp, got a P4 a few months ago. Where do u fly around here?

Buckeye45. There is a Facebook page I made for us SW Ohio guys too. It is Flight Club: Southwest Ohio. Look it up. Once it works up some we will try a Meetup. Welcome. I am in Beavercreek

Hi all, I live in the Buckeye Lake region and also interested in meeting fellow drone pilots. I have my first drone , being a Phantom 4. Only a few small flights until I learn its characteristics better.

Reactions: Suhail78
Any 107 airmen in Columbus area or on the south side? I have a client that may need to get an aerial shot of an apartment complex and I haven't completed by 107 testing, so while I have the gear, I can't take the commercial work. PM to discuss further.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl