Case for P2 with Wide Landing Gear

Reaction score
Pelican 1650 looks to be over kill for my P2.
I plan on getting an FPV system so the extra space is nice but this case is a monster.

Thought I needed it this big because I have the wide landing gear and all the pre cut foam cases are for the standard leg.
Is it easier to just use the stock legs or try find a slightly smaller case.

I have been looking at the Pelican 1560 & 1610 but they don't seem to be deep enough.
Anyone with the wide leg mod have any suggestions?

14146902540_c80d4af09e_o.jpg

14147015527_fc35e423b0_o.jpg

Thanks

djmaincheese said:
Pelican 1650 looks to be over kill for my P2.
I plan on getting an FPV system so the extra space is nice but this case is a monster.

Thought I needed it this big because I have the wide landing gear and all the pre cut foam cases are for the standard leg.
Is it easier to just use the stock legs or try find a slightly smaller case.

I have been looking at the Pelican 1560 & 1610 but they don't seem to be deep enough.
Anyone with the wide leg mod have any suggestions?

14146902540_c80d4af09e_o.jpg

14147015527_fc35e423b0_o.jpg

Thanks

You're going to have to go all custom, I'd say.
I can't imagine anybody makes a custom Phantom case, specifically for wide landing gear XP

I'm using the Pelican 1650. I have the Tall Wide Landing Skids and the depth of the case is perfect. When closed it does not put any major pressure on the motor shafts. I also keep my fpv monitor attached to my Futaba and that fits perfectly too. Spare Props, 5 Batteries, A small hardware/parts bin, cables and chargers.

nintendrone64 said:
You're going to have to go all custom, I'd say.
I can't imagine anybody makes a custom Phantom case, specifically for wide landing gear XP

There actually is one place you can get a case that you can either use stock landing gear or the wider landing gear. http://www.acesdeals.biz/apps/webstore/ ... ow/4846026

I do not have it myself and if I did the wider gear i would probably still go custom over that one, but it is an option.

I have the wide landing gear and have a backpack that it would definetly fit in if I just modify the foam insert....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl