Car follow video with Phantom 4

Yup, that's a girly car :)

Reactions: Itay
Exactly :) It is a great car and the video was fun

Reactions: Vystrcil
I thought the first scene where the camera was coming down toward the road I was going to see your car whiz by in glorious speed, timed with the drone getting low. Just an idea.

You also need more variety of angles and faster editing (all my opinion of course).

Reactions: Roverggm
I thought the first scene where the camera was coming down toward the road I was going to see your car whiz by in glorious speed, timed with the drone getting low. Just an idea.

You also need more variety of angles and faster editing (all my opinion of course).

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the reply and the opinions. :) One comment and one question. The extra angles were a little difficult as I was really close to an airport and could only shot from one side of the road. (link below of my location). Second, "faster editing"? Can you elaborate and explain?

Google Maps

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the reply and the opinions. :) One comment and one question. The extra angles were a little difficult as I was really close to an airport and could only shot from one side of the road. (link below of my location). Second, "faster editing"? Can you elaborate and explain?

Google Maps

Like a mix of shots... first one was up high and gradually panning lower was lower. I thought that was a good choice as it gave you a feeling of the type of road. Long and capable of high speed. Mix in the next shot, perhaps one of the car streaking by and driving off into the distance. New shot, drone hovering over road with you approaching and going directly under it. Next shot, drone flying sideways close to car as driver waves both drone and car gong same speed. Next shot, aerial variety with car small like an ant, cruising on the high highway. Next shot, drone in middle of road, capturing a tight u-turn, once you are on other side of road... Next shot, chase cam... drone chasing car closely as it goes down road... etc.

All edits are 3-10 seconds max. Preferably shorter than longer.

What are you using to edit your vids?

Reactions: dabney
Like a mix of shots... first one was up high and gradually panning lower was lower. I thought that was a good choice as it gave you a feeling of the type of road. Long and capable of high speed. Mix in the next shot, perhaps one of the car streaking by and driving off into the distance. New shot, drone hovering over road with you approaching and going directly under it. Next shot, drone flying sideways close to car as driver waves both drone and car gong same speed. Next shot, aerial variety with car small like an ant, cruising on the high highway. Next shot, drone in middle of road, capturing a tight u-turn, once you are on other side of road... Next shot, chase cam... drone chasing car closely as it goes down road... etc.

Nice storyboard. :) I gotcha now. It was the first time to try something like that and I have to admit I should have had more time under my belt flying the P4 so maybe I would have been more confident and experienced to try more things...or I am just not as creative as I think I am. HAHA. :) Using Final Cut Pro X.

I like the music... reminds of my younger days when I played poker, drank VIP at the clubs and spent far too much money on strippers than I should have.

Hey guys,

Here is a little video I shot. My GF has a convertible and we had been wanting to do a car chase video. Think it turned out pretty good. Still need dome smoothing practice while flying, but I'm working on it. Feel free to give me some CC.

I liked it. You should "allow embedding" within YouTube so we can view it without having to change sites

Reactions: Vystrcil

I'm not up to speed with editing yet, but thought the above advice was great to take on board for myself.

I have to disagree with the following:

I like the music... reminds of my younger days when I played poker, drank VIP at the clubs and spent far too much money on strippers than I should have.

This type of music does my head in, somebody with a twitch with his hand on the volume. I know it is personal choice, but when I hear that, I switch off the sound or stop watching the vid. Maybe it's an age thing.

Did you try the follow me mode for any of the shots?

Funny you should ask that...I tried to start, cus I thought that would have been cool to not only test that out, but to give me some good shots. However, when I turned on the feature, the drone freaked out and started taking off by itself, away from me. So...had to turn it off.

Really too slow for me. You said car CHASE and i thought you were gonna go fast!

that got me thinking. i know drone can only go 30 something mph, but what if you tied a long string to it to help pull it along faster? might be something to try to get an exciting video next time.

Really too slow for me. You said car CHASE and i thought you were gonna go fast!

that got me thinking. i know drone can only go 30 something mph, but what if you tied a long string to it to help pull it along faster? might be something to try to get an exciting video next time.
Changed the title of the thread for ya. Sorry you didn't enjoy the video. Thanks for the input. :)

Reactions: Myetkt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl