Can't connect Phantom to laptop

Reaction score
I am having some problems with connecting my Phantom to my laptop. i am running Windows 7 home premium. i have downloaded driver and assistant software succesfully, but can't get my phantom connected. i have also downloaded the usbser.sys.file, but it still dosen't work. when i am connecting the phantom to the usb cabel, i dont get the green light, the LED just turns off. i have also tried tjecking the usb cabel connection to the LED and it seems okay. when i plug in the usb cabel to the laptop nothing happens.
Thank you Thue.

I have had the driver not install properly. If you uninstall it and make sure you have the right version (32 or 64bit). For me the following worked.

Uninstall the old driver
Uninstall the Naza software

Reinstall the Naza software
Have your Phantom ready Tx on and then Phantom on
Install the driver and when it says on the screen connect the Phantom you should then get the usb connection noise and you should get a red alert box on screen saying the driver you are trying to install is not signed. This is fine just click on continue and it installs. If you don't get this box then I have found the driver on my pc did not install.
Load the Naza software and you're good to go.

I did a small vid on youtube for v3.16 [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLRjRllV0UI&lc=ylxV7Io2RdtARXD6TwZ5ttNdYubWrTRF2a2BcOt5h9Q[/youtube]

Thank you Brian
But it still doesn't work. It's like the laptops usb port doesn't see the phantom. There is no connection noise and the LED doesn't light up.
It doesn't seem like it's the laptop thats the problem, phones and other stuff can connect.

I had the same happen to me shortly after I first got my Phantom, I had to open it up and replace the internal grey USB cable, and that seemed to clear up the problem. Upon inspecting the cable, it looks like the male connector that plugs in to the LED/USB module in the phantom was bent just enough to lose connection.

Every now and then (every 5-7 connections or so), my PC won't recognize the Phantom when I first connect it, but a reboot (of the PC) resolves it immediately.

You were right about the cabel, i did a test with a cabel for my smartphone and everything was working. So i got a new one and now i have no problem.
thank you for the help, would not have work it out by my self.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl