Canada's new laws really suck! Thankfully I live in the US.

Yea Canada got hit hard on the laws but flying in
front of a Air ambulance is not cool at all.
I don't care where you live.

True. But 15000 fine and loss of drone is tough. It also depends if he was flying near a heliport or he accidentally was in its path

I don't know about that source but ...
. The incident took place on Wednesday morning as the medical helicopter was making an approach to the Red Deer hospital.
So maybe he shouldn't even have been there.
I wasn't so I can't say what happened only read from
your link.

I'm guessing he must have been pretty close for the police to seize his Mavic, a big no no even before the new rules were put in place here. With up to a $15000 fine he must have been a commercial flyer though? Since the max is $3000 for recreational. Not good to be flying close to other aircraft regardless, sadly you can be rest assured our Transport Minister will get hold of this and use it to further his agenda against drones. He's already posting National Enquirer type headlines on his personal twitter. We're so screwed here...
Didn't see this before I made the thread asking if people in Canada were actually being charged, I guess this would be a yes.

True. But 15000 fine and loss of drone is tough. It also depends if he was flying near a heliport or he accidentally was in its path
Not tough, suck in for him. Unless that helicopter flew towards the drone while the drone was minding its own business a fair distance away, then he deserves this penalty. Hate so many drone cowboys who spoiled it for us.

A lot of people may not be aware of the new rules yet. I talkedwith 3 p3 owners last summer that I came across while they were flying. Non of them had heard of this forum. I asked if they had seen the new proposed rules. Same thing. None had a clue.

I'm not aware of the Canadian rules but it's foolish to fly in air ambulance route. $3000 or $15000 fine is nothing compared to the risk of others lives.

Unfortunately drone rules are all over my Facebook. But before i bought my drone i did research and found what transport canada had before the strict rules. Just sucks now cause i cant even practice in my own backyard.

The wifes mom lives on 82acres. I flew it there an ppl on the rd was bitching at me to land it cause they think im filming them. Just stupid. I told them i wasnt an they still said they were gonna phone the police.

Till i get spare batteries, im gonna have to drive an hr, fly my drone for 25mins then drive home.

Anyone find actual maps on where we can fly? Ive looked all over transport canada and googled it but i cant find actual map of the "no fly zone"

Try app called UAV forecast. It has a MAP section that shows airports. You need to set it up for 9km.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl