Can you steal a drone from the air with another remote control or other technique?

I fly a lot of drones, i've lost control of my drone several times legtöbbször sport funkcióban.

"Same problem, in normal mode no errors, in sports mode with full throttle I get compass error, was working fine and then there was a firmware update.
It still flies forwards in a straight line, even with the error, if I do a rapid accent though the heading does drift, previous firmware with rapid accent it would keep pointing in the same direction.

I do compass cal before each flight and have re-cal the sticks. "

Reactions: nakfalu
"Same problem, in normal mode no errors, in sports mode with full throttle I get compass error, was working fine and then there was a firmware update.
It still flies forwards in a straight line, even with the error, if I do a rapid accent though the heading does drift, previous firmware with rapid accent it would keep pointing in the same direction.

I do compass cal before each flight and have re-cal the sticks. "

Thanks! Thanks!

Reactions: Csödörös
I saw this video and got my next thought: Can you steal a drone from the air with another remote control or other technique?

The short answer is yes you can. I know of two instances where it happened here locally. In both instances, the owner (actually the same person lol) failed to change the password from the factory default. The first time he got the drone back with a note to change the password. The second time they kept the drone.

Reactions: Csabnemeth
The short answer is yes you can. I know of two instances where it happened here locally. In both instances, the owner (actually the same person lol) failed to change the password from the factory default. The first time he got the drone back with a note to change the password. The second time they kept the drone.
That'll be an older phantom, not a Phantom 4.... Though interestingly, last time I checked, a WiFi password was still in the app, just not used on the P4

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    144.3 KB · Views: 136
The Joker: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment! I only have one question. Where is Harvey Dent?
[nobody responds; The Joker walks around the room pointing with his shotgun at everyone]
The Joker: You know where Harvey is? You know who he is?
[grabs a man’s face]
The Joker: You know where I can find Harvey? I need to talk to him about something. Just something, a little.
[turns the man’s face away]
The Joker: No…

:D :D

Reactions: Fischerinho
I love Joker!!!

The Joker: You just couldn’t let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible aren’t you? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won’t kill you, because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
Batman: You’ll be in a padded cell forever.
The Joker: Maybe we can share one. They’ll be doubling up, the rate this city’s inhabitants are losing their minds.

:D :D

It's more than just the frequency. When the aircraft (Rx) and Transmitter/Radio (Tx) are "Bound" together they are encoded so they are only "accepting" information from the right "code". This allows two systems to be on or near the same frequency and not "Shoot" each other down.

It's a LOT more complicated than I described but for the context of the question that should help to explain why you can't "steal" the aircraft with another Transmitter. They have to be BOUND or they don't talk and the binding process has to be done in a very specific and controlled manner or it doesn't happen at all.
WOW Interesting! ?

Are you in love? :p:D:p
No except for my family, no partner at the moment and not for the last 21 years so no nagging about not doing the pots as soon as I finish eating along with no stupid rules about not building RC models in the front room even though it is getting hard to pass through without knocking something over, I have two 8x8 garden sheds which were ment to be my workshops I started with one which I used for metel work but I filled it with tools and models so decided to put up a second one (I asked the council if I could put up a shed and was told yes but not larger than a 6x4 foot so a 8x8 is not much larger 2.7 times the size with the first one and 5.33 times as large with the second one) and again I filled it with more models, in the front room due to model bulldozer, model excavator and model wheel loader on the floor plus one Tamiya model tractor unit and a 8x8 lesu tractor unit still in their boxes along with lesu model lowloader and a wheeled skid steer which are all 1/14 scale and hydraulic powered units I have no more garden left to use for another shed so now for every model I buy I have to get rid of the same volume of items to put it on.

Sorry for waffling on so much I have a habit for doing this which I think is due to not having anyone to talk to from one week to the next.
Regards Poppy Ann.

Reactions: Fischerinho

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart