Can you Bind a P3s with out a Gimbal/Camera on

After having some time to spend with the P3s. Trying to bind the controller to the drone I was not able to get it to bind. Just so we are all on the same understanding. This controller had never been linked to this drone before. Both the drone & controller had been used with other components. I'm not sure if it is the reason for me not being able to bind? I don't know if the password maybe something to do with it. At this point I'm going to see if I can borrow a gimbal to see if I can get this thing working.
My P3S and remote where bought from different sellers, and therefore never been bound before too. The only thing i can imagine is that the firmware version in your drone and remote are incompatible, but i'm not sure there was ever a firmware version for the P3S that uses encryption, like for the P3A & Pro.

When you need to update either the drone and/or the remote you need at least a gimbal + camera with a functional sd-card slot and transmitter board.

Like i said before, i did have some trouble getting it to bind. When the remote was put manually in binding mode (it was beeping) i pressed the link button on the drone several times while it was already flashing, long, short, several times quickly and suddenly the button on the drone was green, on the remote it stays red.

My P3S and remote where bought from different sellers, and therefore never been bound before too. The only thing i can imagine is that the firmware version in your drone and remote are incompatible, but i'm not sure there was ever a firmware version for the P3S that uses encryption, like for the P3A & Pro.

When you need to update either the drone and/or the remote you need at least a gimbal + camera with a functional sd-card slot and transmitter board.

Like i said before, i did have some trouble getting it to bind. When the remote was put manually in binding mode (it was beeping) i pressed the link button on the drone several times while it was already flashing, long, short, several times quickly and suddenly the button on the drone was green, on the remote it stays red.
Thanks for your input on this thread!, we just to remember your theory and or actions when this comes up again. Its hard to replicate when it is working. :rolleyes:

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94